Clydesdale fork

Wanna order two together? (might not be much of a shipping benefit with such a big item but could be worth trying).

Textied

I’m confused. Wouldn’t the trail on these need to be super low to not handle like shit?

Apart from doing decent grocery runs, I do love the idea of going bucketpacking.

It’s designed around a regular 400mm A-C bike to not handle like shit

https://crustbikes.com/products/clydesdale-fork/ does a good job at explaining.

Here’s my take on this:

I don’t know what the trail is on these. It does look a bit lower (using a couple of spokes lined up over the diagram on the website). But they main thing is that it puts the load low and right over the wheel. It looks like the centre of the platform is a little bit behind the axle. This would stabilise things.

I’m pretty confident it’ll handle decent loads very well. One sure way to find out though!

Thanks. Yeah I know most frames of that age will be pretty similar, I just find it odd they don’t mention the rake of the fork. I have a 90’s Shogun rigid MTB that would fit their critera and it handled like shit with anything over 1kg on the front. With more rake it’d probably be a lot better.

Did some googling and found a beefy adjustable geo fork with a triple tree

Good googling!

Maybe get one of them for your Shogun and we can compare

Ordered! Woo!

Summer of bucketpacking

bummer of suck-it packing.

You don’t need another new fork for the NFE yet Jono?

3 is plenty, thanks Pete.

Have thought about a Clydesdale fork for my dumb Surly 1x1, but I’m not ready to set a bunch of cash on fire just yet.

It wouldn’t work on your surly. Just saying

Surly it would work?

The fork lowers in the pic in the link are backwards. Dropouts are on the wrong side and disc tab needs to behind the forks. Yet the cantis are correct. Weird.

Don’t worry, I’m not actually going to do it. But why not? Geometry just too not-ideal? It’s non-suss-corrected if that counts for anything.

Could be a Cotic style disc mount? pushes the wheel up into the d/o.

“side” doesn’t really matter, put them where they need to be to get the wheel in the right spot given the offset crown and straight leg.

Yeah; (without looking it up myself) why wouldn’t it work MikeD?

Surly 1x1 has a suspension corrected fork, i.e. 450 A-C, Clydesdales are designed around a 400mm fork, like a retro MTB or tourer.

Kinda feel like a fork designed for ~450m would be handy, think how many old 26" Disc MTB’s are about vs retro non-suspension MTBs and tourers. Ah well.

I’m keen to have a ride of yours pete.

That’s where the 1" fork comes in Mike! Stick that in your Rockhopper and smoke it