Colo River excursion EOI

Yeah fair enough, keep the cross bike fresh for the track.

ftfy

Yeah Carlin!

If this is a non drop ride I’ll dlet but on the surly single speed :smiley:

Yeah, ride what you like, it’s a cruisey ride, no one gets left behind.

I’ll be on 48 x 18, as I don’t want to risk slowing people down on the flats. Also kneecaps are replaceable, right?

Modern medical technology can work wonders.

okay this was me after 8 beers talking, not thinking ss is a good idea today :stuck_out_tongue:

Just ask Rolly.

Had a nasty crash on my CX bike in the first hour of riding. Got the bike back yesterday but will probably sit this one out.

Ahh next time Marc, take it easy.

All set to go for tomorrow, I plan on getting there early enough for a coffee first. Take plenty of water, I’m hoping it will be overcast, at least in the morning.

See you there.

I’m all set.

Looks like a warm morning, and the only water stop I can think of is Bielany Campground, around 50km in.

Chris, Gus, Matt and I will be catching the train out and riding to the tractor, so see you all there!

Great stuff! Will be a good gang

First of all, thanks for braving the warm weather today, it was really great to ride with everyone.

2, I have someone’s blue Wheelhaus bidon here, left in the carpark at the cafe.

Thanks again for organising, Carlin. And that would be my bidon.

Imgur

Best ride in a long time. Great roads, great company.

I’m also chalking up the fixed idea as a win. Not nearly as hard as I expected, and even more enjoyable. Took a while to get used to the skinny smooth tyres, but once I’d adjusted the traction at speed was pretty decent. Also the climbs seemed to go by more quickly than usual - maybe something to do with taking fewer pedals strokes to get over them? Will probably go back to gears for the Bilpin ride, but considering more fixed dirt rides in the future.

Good day out, thanks Carlin.
The heat was pretty nuts, I felt like I drank enough but was pretty dehydrated in the afternoon. Cramped badly just as I got home, had to sit in the driveway for a few minutes to straighten my leg out.

I am in the next time. My CX bike and myself recovered well.