Colossi Cheeko Singlespeed

After running my SE Lager into the ground… and beyond, it’s time to upgrade.
Not being as adept as most of you at laying vicious skids and smashing velodromes, I wanted something a bit friendlier. Sime at Saint Cloud talked to me about Colossi and being able to get it set up for brakes at the factory with cable runners and bottle bosses for some longer distance ability.

This is the result:

Frame:
Colossi Cheeko Track w/cable runners & bottle bosses
Fork/Headset:
Colossi carbon fork/Chris King headset
Crankset/Bottom Bracket:
SRAM Omnium
Pedals:
Eclat Slasher pedals
Cog/Chainring/Chain:
White Industries 17t freewheel/SRAM standard chainring/Izumi Chain
Handlebars/Stem:
3T Tornova Pro/3T ARX II Pro -17 100mm
Brake Package:
Paul Components levers/ Shimano Ultegra 6700 Callipers
Saddle/Seatpost:
San Marco x MASH SF Zoncolan/ 3T Ionic 25 Pro
Front Wheel/Hub/Tire:
3T Accelero 40 Team/ Vittoria Rubino Pro
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire:
H+Son Archetype/ Paul Components Hub/ Continental Gatorskin
Accessories:
Holdfast x Saint Cloud Straps/ Arundle carbon gloss cage/ Thompson seatpost collar

lukemarkof, on Flickr

Looks fucking awesome, would you consider running hoods?

Certainly thought about it. A lot.
Decided to go with the levers I had on my other bikes (bought from Blue Lug in Japan - a lot of sentimental value) for a few reasons. The biggest being that really, I don’t climb a lot on this bike. Other things were that I spend a bit of time amongst cars so I was conscious of the hoods and brake positions. If this shits me though (still getting used to thise shape handlebars) I’ll go over to SRAM singlespeed levers.

Mean as. Am going to build something very similar soon.

smooth build.

+1 on hoods and compact bars!

Nicey nice! A roadie SS like this one looks like a lot of fun.

I’m plussing other’s comments re bars/conventional road brake levers. I feel that I have better control in the hoods or drops in most situations.

nice! i’ve always wanted an all black bike:)

Nah man, I can see how compacts and hoods might be an idea, but to me that snot what this bike is about. I reckon, if anything, some even trackier drops. I kinda think that black brake levers might be a bit less subtle, but doesn’t matter.

Rad, Luke. I won’t recognise you now. I’ll put in a vote for hoods.

The SE larger should be living again soon. Swap meet bargain.

PS do you happen to have the seat post and the clamp bolt floating around at home?