Convince me not to buy a Giant

Looks like I’m buying a Giant!

Any comment on sizing? I think I’d be a better fit on an XS, the stack / reach of S / XS are similar just the seat angle is steeper on the S by 1 deg, XS TT is longer too but I usually run setback and a longer stem.

Does this sound okay!?

Zach how tall are you? Generally speaking you’ll get better handling on a MTB with a shorter stem and longer TT rather than the other way around.

The SML has a steeper ST than the XS?! thats curious. Personally I think the setback vs layback has more to do with the type of riding you do. My trail bike has a steeper ST with an inline post cos I tend to ride for shorter periods, do steeper climbs and its fitted with a dropper. On my XC bike I run a layback cos I ride all day on it, no dropper and a steep ST and inline gives me sore hammies on long rides.

167cm! Yeah I figure the S will get me stretched out further, I’ll most likely do short blats on this bike, nah XS I meant sorry, I’m gonna go to the bike shop sarvo see how the small fits (that’s all they’ve got in run-out) if it feels too small I’ll just get a small

I’m 168cm and I’d be getting a SML (definitely!). If I ran a XS I’d need a 110mm stem and a seatback post.

173cm and my Anthem 29er was a small, my Trance 27.5 is a med. Happy both times.

Small fitted perfect, rode nice in the car park, promised I’m just going ride it and not upgrade anything until it break. Thanks y’all

Cam will have plenty of upgrade tips when the times comes.

I’m surprised he hasn’t said anything yet

Glad you came to your senses, even tho the wheels are 1.5 inches too small haha

First uogrades are easy, loose the reflecter and plastic oie dish behind the cassette, that will be a few grams savings there haha, and flip that stem :wink:

Second round of upgrades - replace all components with XTR or ENVE :stuck_out_tongue:

No second would be a 50mm chunked stem haha then 1x10 then XTR and ENVE, but in between that get some tubeless rims :wink:

I’m gonna try and setup the sxc-2s tubeless once those Crossmarks wear out with some nicer tyres (internet says possible), them stock wheels aren’t too bad tbh, going for a proper spin on Wed at Gap Creek, can’t wait!

Do yourself a favour and just run the existing tyres tubeless. Folks been running non TL tyres tubeless for YEARRRSSSS!

Get yourself a roll of Stans tape, two valves, two Presta>Schrader adapters and a pint of Stans milk.

You’ll need to do it with a compressor, if you don’t have one you can take it down to the servo and use their air. Works the same.

Make sure to not inflate past 40psi. Rub the rim all around cloth soaked with a mix of 50/50 water and detergent - helps to seat properly first time.

Its FKN easy.

ps - two scoops of milk for non TL tyres

What DICE said.

You don’t need tubeless tires to go tubeless.

And have fun at Daisy on Wednesday, just stay off Possum Box and Jumping Ant. Don’t be a dick like V8 racing car driver Jamie Whincup and ride closed trails and then post it on youtube.

Good work on the quick decision! looks great, and you’re already getting to know it.

Crossmarks are alright! Especially on the back. I still run one.

Update on Daisy Hill, trailcare happened this morning, Possum Box is now open, can’t confirm if Jumping Ant has opened, it needed alot more work.
In related news Jamie Whincup is still a dick.

Edit Jumping Ant is now open as well.

Haven’t been to Daisy yet unfortunately, bought some stans tape and valves the other day, will set em up tubeless when I get a chance!

Rode Gap Ck twice already, did Rocket Frog and a few other ones on Wed, rode nice but ran outta daylight, climbed up Quail Trail pretty quick, rode there again yesterday and did Death Adder and some of Sth Boundary Rd, also did Pipeline! (which is the only DH/Freeride looking track in Gap Ck) and got a bit too rad over some doubles, this thing rails corners too, many smiles when I hit the wood berm at the end, did heaps of sketchy rock gardens with ease too, full squish is rad.

No pics coz having too much fun but Anthem I give 9/10!

Excellent Zach, I saw a couple of Anthems out in Daisy over the past couple of days and wondered if any were you.
Pipeline in it’s new form is great fun, must get back to Gap Creek.

On the topic of converting non TL tires to tubeless, how would Rocket Rons fare? Worth the try or not?

My rims are TL compatible though.

I’m assuming RRons spec’d are Evos so they should go tubeless fine. Just bare in mind that they have thinner sidewalls than most “TL” tyres (Snakeskin is Schwalbes version), so are more prone to sidewall tears - pack a spare tube and a tyre boot (tyvek or a $5 note). They’ll also seep air so check tyre pressures before each ride.