Cousin Balki's Melbourne Rant Thread.

It was chasing me and coming awfully close to biting me numerous time. Like hell I’m going to let it do that while its owner stands there like a complete f*ckwit.

just kick the owner

100% with not letting dogs having a go at you, whether it requires kicking, slapping, dismembering etc

deal with the owner aferwards

still traumatised from duggan’s wedding, clearly.

weren’t ppl all for Fyxo dropping some blokes keys down a drain many years ago…? what’s the difference between that situation & this one?

there was no difference, it was dumb.

can’t find the post from Lupine about throwing a taxi’s keys down the drain in peak hour and wailing on the panels with the krypto chain ? … vintage FOA.

spud!
i sold him some spinergy’s once, i hope he’s still alive

Lemme see… maybe not everyone is for Fyxo’s shenanigans?

No difference afaic

It doesn’t matter how many bloody bollards they put

So shitty.

Anagrams of station names

The commute down Gardiner’s Creek Trail is becoming slightly annoying with all this Australian Open activity and Swan Street bridge underpass still being closed.
Without going onto Batman Ave for a few hundred metres, there aren’t many/any ways to go without having to dodge many tennis spectators.
I miss my route over the MCG already.

Yes, agreed regarding the commute through Richmond at the moment, Moccos. Today I took the route you described, and then rode along the gravel of Birrarung Marr until I dropped back onto the paved path along the north bank. The only alternative for the next couple of weeks is to ride along the south side of the river west of the Morell Bridge. However that is a PITA if you work in the CBD, which I do not.

Anybody else got a better suggestion?

Secret obike re-processing facility

What a horrible waste and shame :frowning:

I wonder what the unit cost is on a share bike? At what point is it cheaper to chuck the bike than to true the wheels/fix other stuff?

i haven’t had a really good look at an obike, but they appear to the the cheapest POS possible, they probably cost $25 at most

if you can think of a better way of storing bikes i’d like to hear it!

$67 or very similar apparently.
the deposit is more so they essentially pay for themselves immediately as the assumption is that people dont ask for their deposits back as they ‘might’ use it again.

Random cyclists don’t take kindly to the questioning of their behaviour.

And remember, cars are just like pedestrians except they’re in metal boxes.