Cousin Balki's Melbourne Rant Thread.

Good call

Ooh, forgot RedSpiceRoad.

Thanks Luke, will check them out

Seamstress, Bomba, Trunk

14 days of current employment left, and i’m outta beans.
chasing some Kenyan, none of my locals have any (Altius, Rex, Eclipse (CodeBlack))
happy to walk a few blocks, so anywhere West of Swanston and South of Lonsdale will be fine. possible SouthBank locations too

cheers hivemind.

Bonnie Coffee - 5/495 Collins St

Missed Connection: Pinzo chatting with some suits along King St, as i wandered past with my bags of Kenyans. Didn’t call for a skid

Glad you found some Kenyans.

Couple of likely lads spotted over at Cycling Tips:

Surprised that bike didn’t self-destruct just being that close to Tom. Testament to the quality of Keith’s work.

if you look closely, you’ll see it’s actually just held together by Voile straps.

Wasn’t sure whether to post in the Small Joys thread or here. Unfortunately I think it belongs here.

Last night riding home along Southbank a guy on a Constantine (fixed, brakeless) absolutely blazed past me at speed, ducking and weaving through bikes and humans like a slalom skiier. I don’t think I have ever seen riding skill like that in that context!

The upshot of this however is that he was scaring and endangering pedestrians and cyclists. He buzzed me very closely, catching me (a reasonably skilled rider) off guard, and pedestrians glared at me as if I was just like him. The funny thing was that he had lights and a full reflective backpack, meaning that he had considered safety in some context.

I don’t know what to think about it right now. I don’t imagine he’d be able to complete an emergency stop if needed.

There are arseholes in every group of people. If he was in a car he’d probably be doing burnouts/street racing/cranking his sikkk subwoofahs.

And said arseholes do wear hi-vis from time to time; example: Melbourne CBD hit-run injures pedestrian, driver flees scene - ABC News

The driver is described as being Caucasian, about 183 centimetres tall, with his hair tied back and wearing a high-vis top.

I was not tarring all fixie riders with the same brush, so i hope it didn’t come across that way! I get told off by pedestrians for time to time on my commute, so i cant’ imagine how they felt about this dude.

Nah, was pretty clear that this guy was a deadshit with no consideration for others.

No one here rides fixed anymore anyway.

i’m thinkin about dusting the ol hillman off and putting street gearing and risers back on it actually

coz, y’know, i enjoy hobbling around like an old man after a 5km ride around the inner north. hahaha

man was probably feeling sensations.

I see this guy in the morning, though haven’t had a chance to actually talk to him about riding fixed and all the zens.
The zens can do crazy things to people.