Cycling Australia Road National Champs - January 5-10 2012

this could be fun

Gene Mills you will require a helmet and wheels for this epic journey.

I’ll prob be in for this, can always bail on the return trip :wink:

I think this is pretty obvious; one pair on the face, one pair on the helmet.

hahahahaha

I think Spiro and I will drive up there early with bikes and gear, find a good spot on top of the climb, cut a few laps of the course then settle in for what should be a ball tearer of a race

On the road again…

Jut leaving Brisbane now. See you tomorrow Melbourne!

Riding to Williamstown and back today hurt. So I’m thinking riding 130km to Buningyong, and 130km home again might be a tad too far. I’m liking Jear’s idea of driving up and doing some laps of the course. I’ve got a family sized car I could take which will fit me plus three others and all our bikes, if anyone’s keen.

don’t give me that. you beat me by a good 15 seconds up Hotham. Don’t give me that ‘williamstown broke me’ nonsense.

Gather your brikos, for Sunday we ride!

Can can I call a seat, Dave? Promise not to get in the money and make you wait…

It isn’t till we see Steve’s bobble headed pain face crest the rise, doggedly holding back a chasing pack, that we realise what a fucking lier he is.

where are good spots to watch, and what time should i aim to be there to secure one?

i will have room for two people and one bike on the way back if anyone riding up wants a lift back to melbourne?

Dave I am definitely keen. Will call you.

Anyone at the criterium tomorrow night. I’ll be there running around, gimme a shout of you see me.

I’ll be there tonight - are you working there gypsy?

Yeah eclipse pro cycling. We got a big black tent. Look for BMCs as that’s what we are riding this year.

My mate and I are going to drive up early Sunday with bikes cut a few laps of the course (perhaps one of the TT then a couple of the road) before settling in at the top of the climb to watch people far better than us smash themselves to pieces.

Probably looking at a 9am arrival in the Rat, 930 rollout from the bakery on the corner of the course (first corner after the start/finish line) if anyone is keen to join?

I’m heading up with Dave, Will and Rolly (?) on Sunday morning too, Jear. I dare say we’d be keen on that idea.

Yep, this is a solid idea. Rolly, let me know if you’re definitely keen, as there’s others that may want the seat.

Sorry HMC, but I’m taking the car - you should get a lift and cut some laps of the course with us.

I remain defiant!

how long is this course? been a few weeks off the bike, and only just shaking a cold, don’t wanna overdo it. can i just do a lap or 2 without inconveniencing anyone?