details on running a break on a rim thats not machined for a break

When I see a bike in the city with clean painted rims, I think “That person mustn’t ride their bike, they probably just walk around with it, and take photos for the internet”.

Actually it isn’t.

The b43 in particular is thinner (less material) in the area where the brake pads will hit, was designed as such and Velocity does mention the rim isn’t suited for brakes. When you see cutaway section of this rim compared to others it will be obvious that the rim sidewall is thinner than on rims designed to be used with brakes. It’s not a machining vs. non machining thing, there’s actually less material and using it with brakes will make certain of a shorter life compared to other rim designs.

Can I use brakes with Deep V’s? - Page 2

at least you have learnt the art of posting photos.
Many people on many forums still struggle with that.

thanks for the english lesson

Fact yes, But I am still yet to see catastrophic failure from someone using a brake on these rims. It can be done.

Probably get tired of the excess weight before the rim wore through.

i often think this about when people drive cars like a porsche they must just park it in parking lots all day and take photos of it, its definitely just to look good, no function just form. thats what im going for…

your welcome.

fkn lolz.

+1

run a brake… fuck, I have front AND rear on my fixed and I am still stylin

…in the fuckugly bike competition.

^ perfect page break!

Did you do that on purpose?

I think we’ve been trolled guys.

Alex, c’mon man. Did it really take four pages for that to hit you!?

(pls note: comment heavily ladened with sarcasm :slight_smile: )

There was a really good thread a while back about using a chisel and some paint stripper or something on a rim surface.
Anyway, fixed gear is so 2009. Do they still make them?

Breakless was so 2009.5… If you want to keep your rims neat run disc’s…

Spelling and punctuation is totes 2012 though: you should get on board.

You are wrong. I do not park in parking lots because of people like you, who tend to park next to me like a fly to a dog shit, and open your door all over my panels.

are you saying your car is a piece of shit?!?!