details on running a break on a rim thats not machined for a break

i know that its no biggie to run a break on a non machined rim and all that but just wondering if there is anything you can do to make the rim last better, i just got a new set of b43’s and wouldnt mind keeping them relatively neat, and general thoughts?

black marks and brake dust will start appearing real soon, depending on your pads and how much braking your actually doing. Rim is thick enough to handle it, just won’t stay white for ever.

Use search. There are shitloads of posts on this topic.

N o bra ke s

woops. sorry. didnt think about that. .

cant ya see im a muppet… only been riding since august

Get a Shiite wheel and run the brake… Learn the skills and then put the 43 back on…

If you use the brake you will fuck the paint on the rim!

Also mount the brake lever in at the stem… This way you have it but you need to actually go for it… Not use it because its there…

And using the internet since?, it’s 2012 there are few excuses for not understanding basic forum ettiquette.

+1

Also mount the brake lever in at the stem… This way you have it but you need to actually go for it… Not use it because its there…[/QUOTE]

actually thats a really good idea thanks man

i actually grew up in botswana in africa and havnt been in australia for very long, i didnt have the internet there.

I said there are few, that may be one of them…

I disagree. as someone that has always run a brake, the times when you really need it are not the times you wanna be moving your hands on the bars or even thinkin about where the lever is. just run it in the most logical place & don’t use it, it’s easy enough, and when that fucking moron in the x5 pulls out on you, you’ll be glad it’s there.

as above

Buy a cyclocross bike.

hmm yeah fuck ill have to do some deep thinking and contemplating on this situation. i hope i didnt show too much disrespect, i will use greater forum etiquette next time…

Plus when that X5 driver calls their lawyer and lets them know your bike isn’t roadworthy your now bent rim with mint paint will be the least of your worries :slight_smile:

+1000

also, it’s BRAKE. pretty sure it’s spelt the same in Botswana.