Do it all bike shoe

If you’re going Lake’s … try the standard shoe as they’re pretty wide to start with (compared to most shoes). The wide fit option is truly wide.

Timely, this thread. I shall tailgate on all this advice.

Lakes…wide huh? Who stocks Lakes in Melb?

Capt’n, just ordered some of these http://www.cellbikes.com.au/Shimano-SH-XC90-E-Mountain-Bike-Shoes-Blue on the strength of Nikcee’s recommendation.

And the because of the color.

I also have wide planks.

If they turn out to be shit I know who to blame.

i can provide a detailed list with contact #s for you.

but, TBH they do look rad IRL.

Might do a formal review once I’ve got them and used them for a bit…

I wish I had paddles so I could fit those ^ Shimanos

mo88 all the way

I just asked Cell if I can order in size 49 and they said Shimano doesn’t make them that large. Bummer.
Looks like I’m getting some Sidi Dominators

Ah cheers Stu. Cell it is.

Will test ride them over the long weekend on the CX - they are nice and comfy with plenty of width in the toe box.

Wow, thats the absolute opposite of what i would say about Lake! What shoes are you comparing to? I’ve only used the Mx1## series, but would say theyre as narrow (perhaps narrower) than normal sidis, and feel a heap narrower than shimano and northwave. I just got a new pair of MX100. Theyre dog ugly, but they are good at being shoes for riding and walking. i used to have some old mx100 or 110 with the flap over the laces… theyre were so awesome, but man, they were also narrow.

I’ve been using Lake mx105’s for a few weeks now and I like them. The canvas faded kinda quickly and they are a bit squeaky when walking if that matters to you. Boa closure is great for dialing in to that perfect shoe tightness.

I was going to go for the 105s! but thought the BOA might look a bit bikey… it was a mistake. They look much lower profile, the 100s are real booty looking, like “BCF man hiking 2 miles on the weekend” sort of thing. Ah well, only 3 or 4 years and I’ll wear them out and get something cooler.

I bought a pair of these babies: http://www.giro.com/eu_en/rumble-24008.html/

Super comfy, don’t look ridiculous (can replace the laces with black ones for a more normal look), and great to ride in

Yeah I picked up the rumble for $70 a few weeks ago. I agree that they are really comfortable, but I wouldn’t go to use them for any sort of serious riding, I have been commuting in them and they are great for that but last week I started to notice how much air flow is going through that toe section. There is no way these would do well in the lower temperatures, my older specialized shoes would be okay until about -3 and thats where I start to put the little toe covers on.

The sole is great for walking, they are essentially a sneaker - but you notice this when you are grinding up a hill and putting a lot of force on the pedals. The rear of the sole will start to noticeably flex down.

I would say the Giro Rumble NV are a great commuter shoe, and even a touring shoe in the warmer months.

The rumbles are super rad. First ever cycling clippy shoes I’ve owned so in my opinion they’re more than stiff enough. They’ve survived the cmwc weekend and my drunken antics. Plenty of walking in them, the cleats rub a bit on occasion depending on your gait.

Also what ezy said about the whole large amount of airflow so yeah not the best for winter or rain and stuff.