do you use gloves?

Aliens are immune to their own sweat/blood, haven’t you seen the movie?

Gloves: Have just moved to some Troy Lee Designs FF from Fox FF. The Fox’s lasted about 6-7yrs of riding so like Omar I have to disagree Mikey. TLD work well so far and I only use the one pair (I’m cheap) year round. I’d say the only downfall of FF is you can’t dig for gold.

Oh and they’re black!

I’ve tried most of the big names in gloves, Fox, TLD, Pearl Izumi, etc and have finally settled on my current pair.

Dainese XC gloves. Horrendously expensive but easily the best gloves I’ve ridden in.

I’ve been using them every day for the last 3 years (at least I think it’s that long). They have just started to come apart in 1 finger which is pretty good considering the punishment they get.

Washing gloves is critical to their longevity imho. My first pair of Fox gloves literally fell off my hands after 3 months without washing them, the subsequent pair of the same gloves lasted a year washing them every month.

I don’t know what I’ll do when the Daineses finally give up, they’re not available in Aus any more, no one imports them as they’re too expensive (around $85 a pair). Probably switch back to TLD, they’re the next most comfortable for me.

Always wear them, not sure what brand, no idea what they cost, don’t believe in gel, like my fingys out, don’t like those loopy things, never wash them - that’s what rain is for.

In general, I think the Saturday ride has suffered in your absence John.

I’ll be back more now :slight_smile:

(thanks for the tools, I got that rear wheel rolling but I still need to clean it properly)

I don’t like the feel of bike gloves, but in winter I don woolen gloves for commuting

errm, they are ribbed, so you might find it extra good fun (or not)!

Always on long rides, sometimes on short ones - washed virtually every time I wear them (got to get rid of nosewipings somehow).

How fucking good is a pair of gloves with a booger patch (soft towely bit) on them :lol:. I hate the one pair of gloves I have without them, cause by habit I still try to wipe, but end up taking off half my nose doing it :x

-Garth

i saw that aldi is selling cycling gloves for 10$, they have the little towelly bit. also they were selling bike computers with heart rate monitoring for $39. just in case anyone wants to know.
i think they’re ramping up for summer cycling season.