Dooring on Collins

Sort of not necessary because it will only recognise people on your friends list and therefore you would know who they are anyway.

True it’d be limited in this case since the demographic on these forums is totally different to the perps. However, open it up to BNA etc and you might get a result with the various suit-wearing cyclists. I only interact/really know about a fifth of my fb friends so there’s a huge number of people I might not recognise.

It’s a good idea. I hope someone who knows them that doesnt like them (cant see it hard for them to have a few enemies…) will see them on theage front page and dob them in :slight_smile:

It’s purely because she is female, had this been me I would have just followed them on the phone to the cops.

Notice they all had matching pink ties surely they will be found

Edit,
Just had word he is handing himself in tonight, let’s just say it’s a very small world.

I similarly got doored by a passenger, also a suit (this time getting out of a slick Mercedes coupe). Was a couple of years back, on Flinders Street out front of the station. Dude was super indignant, tried to say it was my fault too. This was after I had ended up sliding under a stationary car in the accident, and was still gasping/wincing in pain. He then tried to bugger off without leaving details but a passer by suggested we all walk around the corner to the cop shop and all was quickly sorted.

It is strange how people act in such situations. But reading this thread I also think it is funny that some of you guys are tough talking about how you would flatten the guy… I mean, cmon, really?! plz

Awesome if true.

The amazing lack of regard for the safety of the cyclist is what gets me. You would hope that any normal person, upon dooring someone, would be worried as hell for the welfare of that person. The stupid pack mentality of those three low-lifes really came to the fore, it’s one of the things I hate about blokes in groups, the feeling that they can get away with anything.

I can’t bear to read any more about it.

I already have a very low opinion of humanity in general, but it’s just fucking astounding the level of ignorance, selfishness and callous disregard for others that so many people display.

Social media is anything but.

Yeh, I’ve had to tune out, particularly from the Sydney stuff. If I let it get to me I won’t want to get on my bike, and that would be a shit outcome.

I also made the mistake of reading 3aw comments.

This appeared on page 3 of this thread and no one has acknowledged how great it is, spelling mistake and all.

All these guys will get is a slap on the wrist because they’ll come out, plead ignorance and then be the talk of the town for 2 weeks.
It is unfortunate, but that is all they’ll get.
Relevant news, they’ve put a bike lane in where the person was killed on Glenferrie Road a couple years back. It is right in the dooring zone and other than a few bikes painted on the ground, is exactly the same as it was previous.

This ‘War on the Roads’ is such a farce. When are one of these shock jocks gonna be hauled up for inciting violence / hate speech, I mean REALLY. Its just gross.

Over here in NZ, the transport authority have launched a simple and seemingly effective campaign aimed at stopping such demonisation of cyclists.

Share the road | NZ Transport Agency

Perhaps its about time that some Australian States launch something similar? (… tho’ our cause isn’t aided by the fact that the biggest arsehole in the country also happens to be a cyclist).

haha thanks moccos. Also agreed there.

Good point. Makes no sense imagining some fiction that would see the cyclist bashing the motorist, despite how good this would make us feel. And yes those three fucks are disgusting, but hey it’s full of them out there. Huge kudos to the lady on how she managed the situation. From the Age article I just read these 3 could in a bad way, this is not stopping here. This comes just a week or so after the Victoria chief of police made a call to cyclists and motorists to share the road and reminded everyone that cyclists have the right to be on the road. I reckon things would take a different turn if the cyclist had physically and verbally attacked those guys.

apparently twitter via mess&noise reckons its this dude >

you know they’ll just do the old, "had a few drinks at lunch, taxi driver told us we could get out here, didn’t know there was a bike lane, was in shock and intimidated by the other cyclists and public and didn’t think i’d done anything wrong, here i am i’ve turned myself in, here’s my credit card and send me on my way, thanks mate. oh by the way how’s the girl doing?’

This situation would have yielded more results with an A-league-esque fall-roll-scream in pain manoeuvre.

Three years and 1 day ago and still all too recent. I am friends with family of the person who was killed - I remember thinking at the time “at least this will make people understand”. Wrong. Maybe this case will evoke a different response because a camera is involved. I doubt it.

The one thing I take from these crapfests is that a lot of people are shit to the core and to make the most of those who aren’t.

IIRC, when James Cross was doored and killed, in Glenferrie Road, it was 3 days before 60yr old, BMW driving Ellen Richards, showed up at the police station with her lawyer. She was never charged with anything and never paid a single cent of a fine.

Personally, I hope she and these three get cancer.

really?

Because some people are shit to the core and place no value on fellow human beings.

A tad strong don’t you think? That they behave like total assholes in the video sure, but what do you know of them to make such a judgment?