EOI – Gong ride (Winter classic)

I’m satisfied with this response.

Lady Carrington Drive is mostly ridden by 10-year-olds on Kmart bikes. If they can handle it I reckon a roadie can.

Burrrrrnnnn. Also that road looks awesome. I’m gonna have to bring a bike next time I’m in Sydney.

But look at the pavè! All 5m of it…

Here’s some lady Carrington footage from my insta, for anyone unfamiliar.
Lady Carrington Drive

Think I need to go on the “maybe” list for this, sadly. The cold I’ve had for the last many weeks has remanifested as what feels like a chest infection. Heading to the doctor shortly, suspect I’ll be on antibiotics.

Pretty shithouse. Before I got the cold I was feeling pretty good on the bike. Was feeling heaps better last weekend so commuted on Monday and felt fine, but Tuesday and Wednesday saw a rapid deterioration… Ugh.

How’s the chest dude?

Given this is a week out now, who’s still in?

I’m feeling pretty okay at the moment, but haven’t ridden any significant distance in ages. Still feeling a bit nervous about commuting, but if I can get one in this week and I’m still feeling okay I’ll chance it on Sunday. Word of warning: you will be waiting at the top of every climb for me.

I’m still keen.

Final Details (will update)

When: 15 July 2018
Where from: Martin Place GPO, 8am rollout
Where to: Scarborough Pub

Attending:
Cafe de Keirin
rowanD
etomato
ndks
Carlin

I struggled to get up the small hill to the horse gates in centennial park on Saturday in the granny gear, so i wont be able to attend. 1 more month until my surgery :frowning:

I’m in. Looking forward to it.

About the Lady Carrington option - I went down that way for a look a few weeks ago. It’s a bit rougher than I remembered, there are a couple of washed-out, rocky sections that wouldn’t be great for those delicate 23mm tyres. I’m not fussed either way, happy to see what others feel like on the day.

I think it’s fairly clear this is an extended coffee/beer ride, not a smashfest, right?

That sucks dude. But best to get it fixed and heal properly.

Yep. In case it wasn’t… “as OP I hereby decree that this ride shall be of the coffee slash beer variety. Gentleman’s pace, no leg ripping 40kph pace lines.”

In!

I’m coming down from the flu so heavymetal and I can suffer up the climbs together :cool:

Ok, assuming I’ve actually stopped coughing by Sunday I’m in.

Upgraded your status to “probably”.

Coughing has come back. Fuck this.

:frowning:

Count me in for the Classic.

No good Jono, rest up get better.