EOI: Whisky Tasting

If I organised a night at Hippo to go through a Japanese, American, Canadian whisky tasting night - would anyone be likely to attend?

I’d drive down from Sydney for that !!

Just chatting to the functions person now…

"I just spoke to my whisky guy and he super keen to organise a tasting for you!

We have plenty of Japanese and American whisky, no Canadian whisky I’m afraid. Have you tried many Australian whiskies before, that’s another option.

The pricing structure will be $80 or $100 per person. If you’re keen to have some proper baller whisky it will $120 per person!"

Do a rum tasting and I’m in.

getouttahere

Touchy.

touché

Douché

Duchy

//youtu.be/dFtLONl4cNc

Whiskey.

I’d be keen, but yeah that’s a sum. Wouldn’t mind if the tasting included the old world a bit.

The tasting is for 6 drops. Old world… as in Scotland? I maaaay have asked for a Japanese, American + Australian tasting. Otherwise you can just go the normal menu which, for this month is:

Laphroaig Triple Wood – Islay
Glenfarclas 15 – Highland
Glengoyne Cask 12 year old – Highland
BenRiach 15 Pedro Ximenez Sherry Wood Finish Single Malt 15 year old – Spey side
Cyrus Noble 5 year old- San Francisco, California USA
Armorik Classic single malt – Brittany, France

Served with a cheese board & good times.

I’ll be keen whichever side of the world we go for. Didn’t realize they had monthly menus too.

(I’ll have to give that Armorik a taste… )

I’ll come and pretend to be able to taste all of those notes and subtleties bought about by careful distilling techniques.

In + Z

This needs to be fun… not wankery. One of the books I read goes on to say that if you can taste something like the smell of a hospital, call it as it is. Be creative and come up with your own notes. DO IT!

“Smells like ‘uncle’ Randy but with less abuse”

best.

Hey Liam, I’ve got an idea for you: get about 8 or 10 dudes who want to taste some whiskey, get them to chuck $50 or $80 bucks in the kitty, go buy a few bottles of some nice stuff. Then sit around and make tasting notes while you get rotten-arsed durnk. If you play your cards right you could get more than 6 fancy whiskeys.