EOI: Whisky Tasting

Yeah, I think this might be the go.

That’s what I was thinking too. 100 bucks for 6 drinks isn’t really my thing

Makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Melbros/gals. Anyone keen? We could all do it nationally and skype each other.

Yeah, your not just a pretty face.

Have done this with wine. Better mileage, less restrictions on fun boozy times.

Still want to do a proper tasting with people who have the knowledge - it’s not just about the drinks. Sure, we can buy a couple nice bottles and talk about them, and get drunk and talk more shit as we go. But there’s room for both activities I reckon.

fly down, sleep on my floor / cat fort, we’ll ride around the distilleries.

Would be happy to chuck in for something like that also. Agree that sometimes it’s cool to get hit with a bunch of knowledge by someone who really knows their stuff but $100 for six drink is certainly getting up there.

At least then we could plan to also cooked some glorious meats and I would happily go down to the markets and fyshwick for cheeses and charcuterie.

And mustard

it is possible.

but we have to do it in your shed cos fun.

ftfm

My girlfriend suggested last night, that if we just do our own thing that each person (depending on numbers) could buy a different bottle then research it (and the brand) and tell everyone about it if people are still interested to learn about the whiskey.

Also relevant to mustard, I made soft pretzels on the weekend. A few of them got wrapped in bacon, it was a triumph. I’ll make some of those.

My apologies. Your/You’re/Yaw

Sounds like a good idea Dave.
Also, I didn’t mean to ruin your plan Liam. If you guys want to go to Hippo go for it

Too late now for apologies mate… home wrecker

Hippo aren’t gonna have bacon wrapped pretzels with gourmet mustard. I think we all know who the real winners are here.

I’m happy to do hippo at some point too, but for the guys with families and real world responsibilities the home tasting is a good option.

EVERYONE IS PLOTTING AGAINST ME.

Alright, you have won me over. When and where then? My house is not an option because I don’t have one.

We can do it at my place

Thanks Keith, I was going to suggest my place but you were quicker.

I’d like to do my bit on Lagavulin and Laphroaig. Friday nights work better for me.