Essential tools

he keeps it there for good luck?

I’m noticing a distinct lack of derailer adjustment screwdrivers in this thread. (Except for those that may be included in multi-tools.)

I also carry several different sized cuttings of tough nylon fabric, for use a tyre boots, to allow a tyre with a large tear or hole to still contain an innertube.

Due to a distinct lack of a derailleur.

It’s a question of how far you want to take it. Multi tool has screwdriver

A mini pump, lezyne mini tool and $50

Running a mix of cafe latex and Stan’s sealant in my tubbies… One is very fast and the other works real well on big holes…

Pic out the glass, roll the puncher down and if you need to add some air… A few seconds and you have a fixed tire…

BSC sell them, come in on a friday and saturday for sweet foa discounts. The secret password is “do a skid”

Surely I’m not the only one who carries a spare:

and spare:

and a few spare:

I guess they’re parts, not tools, but they’ve saved my ass a few times (mostly MTBing).

I laughed very hard at this. Forgot what website this was! :smiley:

haha, had to check the image address just to make sure of what i was seeing. thought maybe it was ultra-fancy, questionable looking mini-pump.

i’m there!

I have one of these on my bike: Canvas Saddle Bag – Small | CycleStyle Australia - Stylish clothing and accessories for the urban cyclist

Sure, it’s not the coolest, but it fits a toolkit, as well as room for a change of clothes / some groceries / odds and ends, without needing to lug around a back-soaking backpack/messenger bag in the Australia summer.

a five dollar note serves quite well for this. so does keeping a couple of bits of duct or gaffa tape wrapped around a tyre lever, but it’s not as macgyver.

are you the construction worker or the policeman?

i lol’d ^

chain tool, kmc link, 4 & 5mm hex, patches, tube, levers, pump. all fits inside a 500ml bidon

theres not much you cant fix with all of this, maybe a 3mm hex would be good for a loose cleat

main problem is trying to get a decent pressure with that pump, might go a c02 in the bidon as well