Events unrelated to bikes

Yes!

ah ok, makes sense, didn’t realise you were on here for some reason!!

suuuuuuup

word on the street is there’s only 3 tickets left for this, so best get onboard if you’re keen. forecast is for a beautiful night so if you grab the last 3 tickets you can take 11 mates!!

BYO chairs.

maybe seeya there.

ps - anyone heading along to anything else interesting in melbourne soon?

Friday night 22/11 at the RMIT theatre on swanston street - BANFF film festival ‘Radical Reels’
get your tickets at BANFF Mountain Film Festival - Radical Reels Tour | banffaustralia.com.au
$30, the bastards are not cheap this year

Monday night 28/11 at the westgarth cinema in Northcote - Reel Rock climbing film festival
get your tickets at REEL ROCK 2013 Oct 28
$20 is a much more reasonable price

I have my tickets sorted, see you there :slight_smile:

I dunno if any of you guys have seen the LARPing that happens at Princess Park in friday nights but its worth a stop over. Basically about 200 nerds dress up in costumes and have battles. It’s actually quite brutal and wayyyyyy out of my nerd league which, if you know me, tells you something about the levels of nerd going on here.

My mate Michael does it and he has 11 hit points. As far as I can tell it’s like Warhammer but IRL. Good to bring a picknic rug and some wine and just marvel.

Full disclosure I had been there literally fifteen minutes before a guy in full chain mail came up to me and bellowed IT’S ONLY A FLESH WOUND before charging after a bloke wearing nothing but a kilt and brandishing a claymore.

That sounds awesome. Can anyone with armour and a weapon enter?

I think the first time you go you have like 20 hit points cos you are a n00b and you get sent in late in the battle to wash up the scraps of whichever team is being butchered.

Last time there was a girl in this bright blue bodice and she had a bow and arrow and was just launching those things into the fray taking out bearded berskerkers and knights of the realm it was fucking badass

I’m totally gonna go there one night and immerse myself in neckbeard fury

I had been playing Rome Total War all day and at one point one army was just getting flanked to fuck and I was yelling jumping up and down. It’s like footy but way funnier.

Willy Beer Fest - Robertson Reserve, Williamstown
$40 entry but if you like this kind of thing I guess it’s good

nice one!

are the FOA Homebrew mafia aware of this? PINZO?

^ Yeah, there are lots of similar type events around this time of year - Ballarat and Geelong have one, not to mention those interstate.

I dunno, I’m sure there’s a good time to be had, but they’ve never really appealed to me.

The day after the FOASnS is the 3rd running of Classic Japan. Free entry for spectators. I’ll be in attendance, but without the whale as it’s still undergoing major surgery. Flyer below.

I went to the Willy beer fest.
Was shit.

whats the whale? I will hopefully be in attendance.

This little fellow.

Instead, i’m gonna ride my tiny toyota down and see if they’ll let me park it on the grass…

Whoa, was expecting a z20 or supra at the least haha, what’s the go with surgery? Cutting out rust?

heart transplant…