Every Day Carry - EDC

Jase, theres another Australian place online called Aussie Knives, in the ACT of all places (full of iron, firecrackers and now knives!)

Contact Us Aussie Knives online knife shop

My brother in law put me onto them. They may be able to track one down for you.

So I found out I am missing something from the kit. Those with Instagram and are following me would have seen that I am missing a spanner to take the back wheel off my bike. It was taken from me by airport security when I visited melbourne the other week.

A bit of a walk home… past a bottle-o first though.

So how many of you are now thinking more about this EDC stuff? What do you think would be useful and what do you think is a bit of a waste?

I am looking into a leatherman myself and a bit of a flashlight. I don’t always have my bike lights with me.

Did you take a bike with you? Always remember to chuck all the shit you need to put the bike together, in with the bike. Gives you a lighter bag, too :3

Nope, i didn’t take a bike with me. It was just a small spanner that I had that found itself in the corner of the bag (the bag I commute with) Didn’t even realise it was there at the time.

I’m thinking along the same lines as you. carry things that can serve multiple purposes.

Also its easy to take light for granted till you are left without any!

I’m gonna order in some Leatherman and Led Lenser stuff into the shop next week, mostly so I can nab some for myself

led lenser make some super small super powerful lights

Where is good for the Leatherman Keith? Is there a wiggle of EDC? :wink:

Yeah, I never ride with a front light, don’t usually have a need for it, even in winter. But Keith, those led lenser lights are awesome, and WeightWeenie approved to boot! I may be in the market for one if you end up bringing some in…

I’ll send you a message when I get them into the store (in Fyshwick)

Mates rates and all that

Have a look at what you want and let me know so I can order it, I will mostly be bringing in the stuff that is good for military and le use otherwise

Stupid question, what kind of store do you have??

When I am not building bike frames, growing corals in a lab or selling truffles, I manage the retail side of Dads business, we design, manufacture and sell equipment for the Military, Police, Ambos, Fire brigade, army man wannabees etc etc

I want your life ha ha

it probably sounds more glorious than it actually is…

You aren’t in town tomorrow are you Keith? We will chat over email about it.

Gotta be better than what I’m doing for work fml.

I tried lining up a project with Thales for my thesis when I finished UNI… But I think they thought I was just some gun-nut ha ha. I should have pulled some strings thru my sporting contacts instead, grycol, PBA etc. could have been doing something I like/wanted instead!

I bought my Spyderco from ebay and had no issues getting it through customs, it did seem to take a long time in the post though.

This would be of interest to me, depending on how far the mates rates extends. PM me if an option, I’ll take a look on the Leatherman website to confirm what I’m after.

Thank youuuuu!

also, these are great as seen on EDC

Gerber Shard Keychain Multi-Tool, 7 Functions, 2.75" Overall - Knifecenter.com

clip it on your keys etc…

So Keith what kinda para military shit you peddling? maybe we can get a group buy…

I’m a truffle fan too I know Spirito is too another group buy perhaps?

na, at Braidwood brazing. You can get me on email though

Boots
Backpacks (including Mystery Ranch)
Knives
Torches
Bivvy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Cams
Pants
Duffel bags
hydration equipment

pretty much anything you want

And re the truffles, my little bro moved up to Sydney this year, and I am hoping that he can sell some truffles at one of the markets in Sydney this year
And if that doesn’t happen I can hook you up anyway