Expressions of interest: Wool fixed.org.au jerseys

Come on, it’s perfectly obvious its nouveau - the pimpest style era.

mea culpa

maybe i’d like it more if it was deco?

Mea culpa?

…the other mea culpa

This may or may not of best suggested, but I DO KNOW I spoke to a few about.

Similar idea to rougedubbs ides BUT.

Have one big word saying:

ANTICOAST

and underneath it saying;

fixed.org.au

I like the block wording of FIXED.ORG.AU on the front page of the webiste as well.

Additional, I know we all like black/white designs, but I would personally prefer to get away from that colour. The shifterbikes design is good, but I dont want to copy the exact colours.

Pink perhaps?? :stuck_out_tongue:

I like all of the above and it has my vote!!!

I like it. I like it a lot.

And I agree with the not wanting black and white, but everyone is free to choose their own colour anyway.

Nice work Rhimo.

Rhino
When you say have Anticoast in big letters and then Fixed.org.au in smaller letters underneath, do you mean like this:

or this:

I kind of like the first one better out of the 2 but it would not be a deal breaker if majority ruled for the other option.

It would be good to get hold of pic’s of all the colour options available too.
Seems there are a number of options, but not all are pictured on the site.

agree with TR - the first, with the smaller lettering outside the stripe

on a technicality, shouldn’t it be “the anticoast”???

something like this …

[b]the anticoast

fixed.org.au[/b]

I believe that we can all pick whatever colour we want, with or without lettering within the price.

I’d also prefer something other than black, I like the blue in the picture?

Black or red lettering, The Anticoast. Sounds good.

I don’t want to hijack this thread BUT.

I agree that the top design look great, and also agree with rogaine that it should say THE ANTICOAST. Maybe in a nice cursive script, keeping to our love of all things vintage. Done…

I also like the blue, and would like to think we could all agree on one colour/design…To me…it comes down to Blue or Red. Done…

I think if you dont like it, dont buy one…any mention of ‘options’ other than size will cause a major drama, and thus this will never get organised. Done…

Lastly…this design idea was stolen fron NDF, who mentioned it to me the other. I think its perfect. THE ANTICOAST is everything we like about our bikes, and having the website name underneath is important, as its how we all have met and become a community. I don’t however want the www before the fixed.org.au mainly as I think thats ‘over advertisment’. I

NOW, lastly…who gets the almight wonderful and thankless task or organisation? I know alot of people WANT a jersey, but when it comes time to cough up the money a few will back away. That suits me fine, I want to keep this order under $900 so we all don’t get slogged duty.

On Rhino’s points, I think we need a photoshop/whatever you call it mock up of the design in red and blue, post it up here, get a final decision on what of the 2 colours we want and then ask everyone who is interested to provide sizes and $ within a set time period and then just do it.

If you dont get your money in within the time period that will be your problem and you will just have to sort yourself out at whatever pricing you can get it for from Portland.

I basically dont care if www is on the jersey or not and am happy with rhino’s suggestions including the colours (red or blue).

Perhaps a quick poll would be in order, to arrive at a majority concensus?

1. Jersey Colour:
A. Blue;
B. Red;

2. Jersey Style:
A. Long Sleeve;
B. Short Sleeve;

3. Adornment:
A. Plain Text (as per the discussed);
B. Logo;

3.1. Adornment Type:
A. Embroidered;
B. Flocked.

I personally would rather we spend the time to design a logo, rather than just have plain text, but that is because I already have more than enough retro jerseys, so would like something distinctive if I’m going to spend the money on a new one.

mj
The problem I see with designing a log is that it will take ages to get designs together and then we will sit and argue over whether it is what we ALL want.
Frankly it is another thing that will get in the way of this happening at all.
By going with just text we can all personalise our jerseys with badges etc if we want too after we receive them.
Short sleeve is an absolute must for me up here. I wore long sleeves for perhaps 2 rides last winter.

1A
2B
3A
4B

I’d choose Flocked lettering and no logo, only to keep the cost down. Logos add USD75 setup fee + USD12 per jersey.

Given that we want at least 12 jerseys to get a discount, we need to make sure the whole order comes in under AUD1000 to avoid paying duty.

Edit: And…as Rhino pointed out, we need to sort out logistics of collecting money, paying and delivery. Since we’re talking about hundreds of dollars I think the only sensible way to do it is to each pay upfront rather than have somebody foot the bill and then hope everybody pays up.

Could aways get 2 shipments to 2 different addresses if the increased cost of shipping was lower than the possible cost of GST/ duty.

Payment,

Could people PAYPAL monies to a designated persons (anyone offering)account which would then pay for the entire order in one lump sum. This would ensure that only those who have paid have jerseys ordered for them.

This would need to include costs for posting within Australia when the jerseys arrive here. It would make sense to have them posted to the city that has the most orders to minimise this cost, and then circulated.

I’m and ‘A’ kinda bloke (I wish my teachers at school had thought so)
1A
2A
3A
4A

Of course I might be a B bloke tomorrow?? :smiley:

I agree with 853

1A
2B
3A
4B

Simple reason, I can’t see many long sleeves being wanted from the lads up north. I like blue better than red. I want lettering. Flocked cause its better.

No polls, if you want to do polls, and have everyone decide a different colour, type, style etc…then you automatically vote yourself as ‘organiser’ of the jerseys.

OR, we can jsut assume what 853 has written, and work on that…make it simple! Get a order in, and end the year-long talk of ‘getting tops made’.

TR, good idea on split shipments, north and south.
Lats, I would like a LS, but maybe have that in the second run if the first is successful.
MJ…logo will piss to many off, unless we all agree on design. You no like ANTICOAST idea?