Film Thread

They don’t stop singing!

Watched Argo on the weekend, damn good, highly recommended.

yeah, pretty tense!

i just bought a ticket to the valhalla drive in on oct 18th. Bottle Rocket and The Fifth Element. Haven’t seen Bottle Rocket, but have heard good thing.

5th Element, well that’s a banger.

Taking your hillman?

haha maybe, you get 4 bikes per ticket, so unless someone lends me their car i’ll be riding over and hogging all the spots.

Does an tandem/xtracycle count as one bike?

Least favorite Wes Anderson for me, but do tell what you think of it later!

i’d say they count as one bike, but don’t be that guy blakey.

You’re the one sneaking people in in the boot of your Husky Roland!

I’ll load the xtra with beers and snacks and blankets and chairs.

Broke in the new TV and Bluray with Dredd, amazing.

Finally after the 95’ Stallone shitsplat Dredd fans get a good version, plenty of gunfire and violence, exactly what it should have been and hopefully what the Robocop remake will be.

The original Robocop was awesome!

I love the original Robocop. That scene where the droid went on a shooting rampage in the office was mad.

I don’t hold out alot of hope for the remake, trailer doesn’t look too hot. Although Joel Kinnaman is really good in the Killing and could make a good Murphy.
The ED 209 doesn’t look as good as the original and Murphy dies in a car bomb and not torn to pieces by Clarence and his gang, I think it’ll be a letdown like the Total Recall remake.

At Teh Movies, with haitch:

FRANCES HA - Breezy comedy about the titular character’s life falling in a heap - I could relate. Really well-drawn characters, even when they do stupid things.

BEHIND THE CANDLEABRA - Hilarious. Michael Douglas as Liberace is pretty dead-on; Rob Lowe had the audience laughing every time he was on screen with his weird rat face.

ONLY GOD FORGIVES - Not as good as Drive - nothing is - but it had some arresting scenes. Ryan Gosling gets punched a lot.

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK - Why are they all shouting at each other so much? Was entertained, but kinda didn’t buy the premise of the central relationship.

SPRING BREAKERS - This was amazing. Entire movie was like a massive hallucination. You get to see James Franco fellate a silenced pistol.

^i’ve heard from two completely different sources that Frances Ha was awful.

so, y’know, it must be true.

Those were wrong opinions!

you callin my mum a liar haitch?

Oh well this is awkward.

i know, i’ve got her on the phone at the moment, she’s crying, i can’t reason with her, you’ve really upset her man…

goshhhhhh

Now You See Me: up there with one of the worst movies I have seen. The ‘twist’ was laugh-out-loud bad.

Now You See Me (2013) - IMDb

I saw it waaay back in the day and loved it.
Watched it again a couple years ago and really disliked it.