FOA Show n Shine 2013 - Saturday November 30th!

HELLO FOLKS!

IT’S HAPPENING AGAIN!!

After the success of the 2012 Show n Shine, we’re doing it again.

Held once again at the delightful home of FOA, The Electron Workshop, this years installment will involve more fine examples of beautiful bikes to get your mind churning over the endless possibilities for your next build.

This year we even have a LIQUOR LICENCE, so there’ll be BEER BEER BEER (and probably cider and other things).

There’s plenty more to announce as it comes to fruition, but save the date, tell your friends, book your flights and GET BUILDING!!

[b]Categories this year will be:

• Road Bikes (pre Integrated shifting)

• Road Bikes (Integrated shifting and onwards including retro roadies with brifters)

• Track (race ready, not for the street)

• Matchy Match (this will be fun! what matches is up to you! Date/Colour/Team/Kit & bike/components. If you can argue they match, you can enter it)

• Rando/Tourer/Commuter (got racks? carry luggage? mudguards? you’re set).

• Fixie (says it all really. but it better be nice, coz this should attract some pretty sweet builds).

• The WTF?! category. (this category is for bikes that don’t fit into a category, but need to see some appreciation. One offs, rare builds, historically significant, olympic games contenders, made of 24 carat gold etc.)[/b]

PRE-REG will be a little different this year, but we’ll tell you how that works at a later date (ie - once I have a flyer etc, hopefully very shortly), but be sure you’re keeping an eye on this thread for all the latest info.

And if you weren’t around FOA for last years, here’s what you missed!

GET EXCITED, IT’S GONNA BE ANOTHER BANGER!!

[video=vimeo;54759160]http://vimeo.com/54759160[/video]

REGISTER HERE

Anyone who wants to sponsor my flights etc. Feel free. I am a cheap drunk.

not sure how much luck you’d have getting free flights, but i bet someone has a couch for you!

Just looked at flight costs. Ain’t happening. Boo!

^ Ride down. Are you still holding the longest ride to the SnS prize, Rolly?

$99 each way, flight from CBA 9pm on the friday, flight home sunday morning 8:30

GET. ON. IT.

try harder.

i reckon we can honour that. i mean, who doesn’t want some stickers!

nice work tate. let’s see if we can put ezy on a plane still drunk from the night before!*

*FOA promotes the responsible consumption of alcohol.

Dafaq? Where are you looking?

webjet.
they be qantas e-deals

now with link…and links dead, so removed.

ok, ezy’s sorted, who else needs tate’s SnS flight booking service?

i was hoping there’d be more chat than this!!

anyone got something nice in the pipeline? anyone building something in preparation and keeping it quiet? who’s gonna make a weekend of it and come from out of town?

does anyone have any questions?!

I SAID GET EXCITED!

I’m in Melb that week… Excited… No bike tho…

I’m aiming for the 2014 SnS.

But I’m still excited and will be in attendance at this fine event.

i have enough things complete that i can bring to this, so no discussion is needed. can still provide my travel services tho.

i’m more excited about Classic Japan that’s on the 1st of Dec. my whale will be going under the knife mid-next month, about 6 weeks out from the show. it’ll be touch and go if i get it completed and signed off…but i’ll post more about that in the non-bike thread later.

I reckon I’ll have 4 entries by the time this comes up. No step-through/mixte category this year?

that’s better! :stuck_out_tongue:

@dubrat - awesome, be good to get some out of towners to come along!
@p!n20 - sweet.
@dfunkt - also sweet. keep your eyes peeled for info on how to register.
@dead legs - after the chorus of boos and jeers when nearly every bike in that category was linked to blakey, we decided to let it go in favour of other potential contenders.

should numbers become lopsided towards some categories and not others we may review that decision…

but for now, work to the categories up the top there :slight_smile:

am i judging again? if not i might enter the #concorderacklyf and the concorde roadie in the matchy match category.

nah, i’d rather you entered those for sure!!

judging duties are yet TBC, but we will have some new judges as well as Blakeyplz on a mission to have some carazy voting system to make it as fair and seamless as possible.

Good guy that Blakeyplz.

Gosh, ppl are such jerks. That’s okay though, I’ve still got 4 to 5 categories covered.

Last year we judged together, this year we clash.

Do I have to bring my rock back?