#FoAMafia 10 year Celebration - November 1st - Canberra Chapter

Hey boys - if you haven’t already seen this thread, go check it out before reading below.

http://www.fixed.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=36149

So let’s make this a casual non lycra ride where talking shit, doing skids, throwing frisbee, drinking fine ales and high-5ing is encouraged. Throw up some ideas, venues, activities and let’s make it happen.

Who’s up? You are, thats who. Block it out in your diary meow.

Idea - Brewery + BBQ + Burgers ride.

Brewery’s
Zierholz
Durham
Wig n Pen
Bent Spoke
Stock up on take aways from Plonk
Transit

BBQ + Burgers
Smoque
Grease Monkey (??)
We do our own?

In. Will tell the boss tomorrow.

Casual eats somewhere followed by beers at Nara peace Park? Or BBQ there? Racing fixies on grass and drinking beers is a pretty good way to pass the afternoon.

• Joel

Ride Ideas
Redwood Forest out at the airport
Cotter campground for a picnic
Top of Mt Stromlo for a picnic
Ever popular Arboretum for a picnic
Canberra 3 Lake cruises (Tuggeranong, Burley Griffin, Belconnen)

Please invite my friend Genevieve if you can! She probably won’t come, but it’ll be a nice thing to do, and she’s rad.

For sure. Once we have some concrete plans we will spread the word.

Yeah, this sounds pretty good and works really well with the Thursday Night Rides. So meet up at the boat shed at 2.00pm, then a good roll around the lake and maybe duck into plonk for the beers? Then head to the Nara Gardens area. Southern Cross Club on the lake has a really good grass area out the front too - with a fish and chip takeaway joint which I have heard some good things about.

This sounds awesome! I hand it my last major piece of assessment and honours application on the Friday. I’d love to do this.

I’m a big fan of getting a massive mixed selection from Plonk, BBQ or fish and chips by the lake and playing frisbee

In for anything. Be good to catch up with everyone!

Yeah sounds like a great plan.

My life is in a state of flux at the moment, but I’ll definitely try to ensure I’m in Canberra that weekend and if not I’ll attend the appropriate states celebrations.

Are we still gonna have a bit of a ride and have a bit of banter next weekend? I’m pretty keen, obviously not able to ride on dirt but can rip a mean whip skid.

I like the idea of a bunch of beer from plonk and some hot chips somewhere but catching up with everyone regardless would be great!

+Frisby in Nara Park.
Can partners and family coming?

Yeah, this is all good.

Let’s lock in Nara Park after a bit of a rad ride around the lake, maybe with mid arbo beer?

keen!

What day? Saturday is really good for me :slight_smile:

oops ok - didn’t realise it was Sunday. Have fun all!

Sunday meet up time 1.00pm
Where: Paddle boat hire joint (aka Thirsty Work meet up spot)
Plan: Lake loop with arboretum hang outs looking over this amazing town of ours. Then a few beers, frisbee and bbq down at Nara peace park.

Will be working ):

Sounds like we should head to Plonk on Friday lunchtime.