Fondriest - anyone ridden?

Haitch - did you consider the SL model, if so, why’d you go the Advanced 0?

Bang on. Specialized generally have good components across the board except for the wheels. Stay well clear of those rovals.

Also the sole devotion team were riding the fondriest last season. Heard there were a few non impact frame failures which isn’t what u want to hear.

I would go ride the Cannondale six it is meant to be a really nice frame.
Yeah they are plain and every one has one but they are quality.

As much as I’d love one, SLs were out of my price range to be honest - I’d put the regular Advanced on a par with Tarmac Pros and older-style Superisxes though, it’s a really excellent frame. Take one for a test and see, it’s cheaper than most of it’s rivals but it’s not ‘cheap’.

If you can afford an SL, well that’s S-Works/Supersix Evo level stuff and would probably outpoint the other bikes mentioned.

There’s a couple of 2011 SuperSix Hi-Mods on run out specials in the shops at the moment. I’m test riding on the weekend. Come with red groupo (preference would be DA) and low level wheels (Kysrium Elite). Appears better value than SL4 Tarmac Pro which is more expensive (also red but the rovals). I’ve already got Fulcrum Racing Zeros which are in perfect condition, was just hoping to possibly sleaze my way onto some race wheels with the new purchase.

Not at all! Thanks

Which shops have you seen the run out deals at?

SBR and some interstate shops (from online searching)

Update: going to build up an SL3 Tarmac SWorks frame. That way I can prioritise my $$ on what matters. I know my frame size, but before I buy cranks/stem/handlebar etc I’m going to get a bike fit. Where do people recommend in Melb? I know Total Rush has the BG system, but kinda looking for a place unconnected to a bike shop.

first place osteo, see dom

Good choice on the frame i have the same.
They are really nice and far better than the non s works model.

Dom is great, theres a few around though. Sounds like the BG is good but a bit pricey and also you’ll walk out of there with your credit card maxed.
I may have over heard Blakey the other night say Dom sold first place osteo? But is still working a few shifts out of there.

jason nichols at IOS, on beach rd now. he fixed me up good and proper…

In before ‘use the search function’ :wink:

Dom (if he is still doing fits out of first place), snail and others have liked emma @ topbike fit (or similar - use the search function to find the actual name).