Fucking annoying listings ( featuring De Rosa, Viner, Olmo)

Just to clarify - There are seven offers on that De Rosa and they’re all listed as ‘pending’. So am I right in assuming the seller is waiting to see what people offer before accepting/rejecting offers? Do offers you make have a time limit? Or if you make one on day X, can the seller do nothing and then force you to cough up 90 days later?

the seller has 48hrs to respond to an offer. if they don’t accept or decline within that time, the offer expires.

any body in qld keen to pick up that de rosa and ship it to me??? i’ll pay courrier of course and a slab of stone and wood pacific ale in it for ya self, its to small for me but i might be able to slam the seat post and get the girlie on it

you should be training your girlie to ride bikes that are your size :wink:

small steps small steps

gene, there is no way fern would fit on a 57.5!!!

i’ve got that farleigh in the shed…it’s pretty small and i reckon if you’re keen to restore it, you could have it for very little $$

nah i want a De Rosa! she will fit it if i tell her she will!!

would some one just buy it, dammmn you fools.
If it were my size it would be coming up the coast to live.

apparently this isnt the case?
On 10-Jan-11 at 21:08:42 AEDST, seller added the following information:
Hi,

I have had quite a few offers on this bike and not sure if these offers can be seen. If this is the case I will post updates regularly on how these are going so your offer isn’t less than the highest amount and your not wasting your time. As it stands on 10-1-2011 at 8.10pm (Qld time) the highest amount is $370.00 + expenses (courier, packing) if needed . Keep checking back if you are interested in this item and I will endeavour to keep updating the highest offer.

Cheers

Rick Butcher

I for one dont like this sales mechanism from ebay. It is an invisible auction, and once you place a bid, you cannot place a higher bid within 48 hours! I hope we dont see this becoming a norm.

Wow … that’s not cool at all but in some ways not dissimilar to a lot of auctions ended early and sold off eBay. I guess there’s bad apples in every bunch

^ This is what I thought the OP was against. No way will the seller part with it for $250, so whats the difference between setting an auction with a start price of $250?? The only advantage is to the seller as they wont get shafted because of the set ending time on an auction format. And ebay, as they’ll get more fees. That stinks two ways.

Now at auction:

De Rosa Road Bike 57.5 cm (eBay item 300518145416 end time 02-Feb-11 19:37:14 AEDST) : Sport

hands off kiddies it’s mine :wink: