Fucking annoying listings ( featuring De Rosa, Viner, Olmo)

What’s up with douche bags placing ebay classified adds but having the “make offer” button? Is it cheaper than a normal listing?

Douche bags:

De Rosa Road Bike 57.5 cm (eBay item 300513230648 end time 23-Jan-11 18:53:47 AEDST) : Sport

Viner 21" Road Bike (eBay item 220721078455 end time 21-Jan-11 14:59:08 AEDST) : Sport

OLMO - classic road bike - made in italy (eBay item 140497810351 end time 20-Jan-11 17:31:20 AEDST) : Sport

LIGHT WEIGHT ROAD RACING BIKE (eBay item 250752066437 end time 18-Jan-11 19:56:29 AEDST) : Sport

Maybe they treat it like a Trading Post ad and have the price as a guide, but will accept a lesser amount (like the ol’ $price O.B.O.).

PS: That Viner is nice.

I “made an offer” on the De Rosa. It’s a little on the big side but I’ll make it fit if the offer is accepted :wink:

If you win… I’ll buy that saddle from you.

Are you for real?

I could say what is it with fucking annoying bidders expecting gold but only willing to pay with peanuts.

Classified listings have no fee and are a set price auction. You can allow a best offer from a buyer and wiegh that up or or the buy it now price is good till taken. If anyone here is complaining about a $250 final price De Rosa that’s fully built up then I’d suggest you all need a reality check.

I’d far rather this format than bidding on auctions where you can’t ever really tell who you’re bidding against. If it’s not obvious to you… it’s the future of eBay, get used to it and stop whining.

$250 for a De Rosa - you’re having a laugh! Amazing. Hope you get it. that is one amazing deal.

I agree with Spirito, the “make an offer” format is perfect for bikes. Good for buyers and sellers. Who wants to make an honest bid, only to have that bidded up by someone working on behalf of a vendor? I don’t care what people say, about this being illegal, this stuff is rampant on the bay. The “99c/ no reserve” doesn’t lend itself to this kind of dodgy-ness?! Not douche bags, just people being straight up. I’m sorry but what’s to complain about?

eBay.com.au - | LocalClassifieds |

Wait, that de rosa’s $250? get on it spizza or AMD, or any of you other Queensland jerks. You could buy an aerospoke for that, and I know what we’d all prefer.

i think the point is that the seller won’t sell it for the price of $250… he/she’s expecting more than this, and has used a bait price to get people looking at the listing.

I’m a jerk but not from Qld :wink:

If it were a touch smaller bike I’d be driving up to meet my Jerk mates in Qld !!!

I’ve paid a whole lot more for a bike, and I’ve paid less, I’ve got a reasonable idea of the monetary value of a bike in the current market place (ebay), I also like to call people douche bags, and I’d say that 90% of people on here would piss their pants at the chance to pay $250 for a complete De Rosa.

Ps, that isn’t a buy it now price, it’s a listing with no option to take the posted price, basically an exercise in seeing what people might pay. It’s essentially tyre kicking in reverse.

List the fucking thing as an auction with a start price you’re happy with, and let the market dictate the price.

Dumb logic … I’m almost prepared to make an offer on the buying price of $250 to prove this isn’t the case. I believe it has to manually be accepted by the seller to ensure that the bidder is local and can arrange to pick it up. That’s the whole reasoning behind the classified auction format, simplifies the selling, less shipping estimates and figuring out how to send stuff for people who don’t have time nor care to arrange for those options.

It is the property of the seller and they are entitled to do what they wish. If you were in Qld and could pick it up it’d be yours for $250.

The reason there is no BIN price is to so the seller can asses your bid ID, verify your location and whether you can indeed pick the item up in person. Get a mate to bid with the right post code and pick it up for you.

I need more mates Aus wide.
People from Narre/Berwick stay in Narre/Berwick, or move to Pakenham. They don’t move anywhere that they can be useful.

Go the World … especially while you can. Makes some $'s, sell everything so you aren’t tied down buy a ticket and go, keep going. - work doing whatever you can find or try whilst roaming the world. You’ll never have any regrets and bag loads of foreign punani :wink: Travel and make friends in Oz - you can do that anytime.

Oh ok, I thought that it was a taking offers OVER the $250. It was a simple case of me being having my wires crossed.

Clearly the De Rosa and Viner are exceptional bargains for whoever gets them, and it’s quite rare that someone would let them go for those prices, locals only bargains or not.

That’ll teach me to be a greedy, lazy, dumb ₪₪₪₪.

It’s in the works Spizza, I just have to get qualified first. By time I’m finished, then work a little while whilst some non-apprentice wages allow me to save “megabucks”, I’ll be doing just that.
Apparently they have Fosters everywhere overseas, my cousins drink it. Sweet, eh?

Furthermore, if any out of towners I know want that Viner, I’ll do the run out to Sunshine to pick it up for you.

It’s just a new format and with that comes some confusion in working out the details. I can understand your frustration at not being able to snap up a bargain, but I’m sure others will pop up in your 'hood that you’ll be quick to snag.

It’s also evident on lots of overseas eBay auctions that items are listed at sky high prices, and usually sell for less (often, privately negotiated). Bidding, in the age of sniping is now dead. Also, sellers are tired of the uncertainty and are resorting to different selling styles so not to gift an item away. eBay used to be cheap but lately the fee’s are getting quite high - as much as 20% on some items if you add the listing fee, final value fee and paypal fee’s + currency conversions. And sellers, who fund eBay are getting tired of losing out to knobs who bid and don’t pay, or fuck around and are empowered more than is fair.

Be prepared for more “pick and choose selling”.

Good lad !!!

You can go anywhere and do anything you want to - I hope one day you do :wink: