Fucking Shitmano Part II

So Shimano have gone back to using a symmetrical chain design for Dura Ace 9000- is this pretty much an admission that the 7900/6700 generation of asymmetrical chains was a shitty idea?
It has just occurred to me that I can’t rotate my 6700 chain on my road bike as a way to maximising the life. This was an evil corporation plan to make you buy more chains, right?

The new Dura Ace 11-speed chain is no longer directional, has hollow rivets for a low weight and a PTFE coating for soft switching operations. The CN-9000 is also characterized by a higher durability compared to the CN-7900.

wanna borrow A$27.46 for a new one?

Far out Horatio, with the amount you complain about shimano, surely it’s time you switched over to a different groupset?

And chains wear by the rollers / plates wearing by rotating w.r.t. one another, how does reversing a chain change this?

I thought rotating the chain was meant to be a good thing for making the chain last longer. No?

I rotate my chainrings every pedal revolution to spread the wear out.

blakey bringin the lolz

So they admitted 6700/7900 are crap,
But will you need a special $300 tool to remove them like campy, need to put the pin in from the back and can you run a 9000 on 7900?
I only care because the old boy runs shimano/SRAM

Apparently the KMC quick-link for Campagnolo 11 is compatible with DA11.

Or was it far to many people were putting the chains on the wrong way and complaining of poor shifting?

shimano is a company who’s job is to make and sell products in order to make money

If you want to get maximum cassette life you need to bin the chains log before they start wearing…
I change my campag 11 chains at 3500-4000kms
Doing so can extend the cassette life by up to 40%
Not bad when a SR cassette cost $300 on a good day

works only if you use a left-handed chain breaker

^This, I also don’t degrease my chains any more with the hollow links.
I just wipe down with some wax and grease remover and re apply teflon lube, then bin it and get a new one when it gets about 3500-4000k.
I found once its degreased well it never lubes up the same with out soaking it, this requires removing from the bike and putting in another joining pin.

I ALWAYS soak my chains in a mixture of calf milk and organic honey, but only during a new moon.
Increases the chains life by 36.8%

for calves or from calves?

unicorn tears for lyf

I haven’t changed any parts on my road bike, so I guess that means I’m getting 100% life out of it?

I change my chain after each ride. My cassettes last for lyfe.

you’re all weak as piss. i change my bike after every ride.

To save my chain, I take the bus.