Geelong Fixed Gear

I’m assuming we’d aim for a weekend day, and something fairly flat, on-road and local to Geelong? Rather than back of Lorne or gravel? Bellarine rail trail is a reasonable option I guess. Otherwise a mid-week evening ride out to Point Henry, or Geelong Grammar, might help to blow the cobwebs off,

Gah, i think i dropped the ball on this one. Still unfit though.
in other news, i had a chat with John Paul from GoodCycles down here and he is setting up a social sunday ride, starting 23 January. If anyone is interested PM me a message with your email and will forward his email to you ----------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind Sunday Bikes & Beers is to run social bike rides once a month on Sundays. The rides are generally 40-60km in length, mixed terrain (road, gravel and off-road) and include a beer stop somewhere along the way. The rides are accessible by public transport, and the routes are designed to be moderate challenges for most riders.

Here’s some examples of the routes planned so far:
https://www.strava.com/routes/2912652497677695702
Sunday Bikes & Beers: You Yangs 1.0 | 43.5 km Gravel Cycling Route on Strava
Sunday Bikes & Beers: Otways 1.0 | 53.6 km Gravel Cycling Route on Strava

The actual route for each ride is confirmed 2-3 days beforehand based on the forecasted weather, public transport service and availability of beers!

If you would like to join the first ride - or be kept in the loop about future rides - just reply to this email with your phone number and I’ll add you onto the WhatsApp group and email list.