Gefsco track bike

The rules on Radial lacing are simple
Rule
#1 Pre 95 frame is a no no
Except if a rim is taller or equall in depth to a shamal.
Rule #2 this does not include b43’s

he ahh, got it repaired inbetween listings? lucky me!

damn. good buying!
a pity he painted over the history though

yeah it is, but for now it’ll get me around in style, and i’ll look into a repaint/resto in the future, pics of gefsco decals anyone? quick google earlier, and not heaps of results, or an email contact for Geoff Scott?

Got bored so here you go scott…

BNA - Australian Cycling Forums • View topic - Geoff Scott frame builder -

If you want Clamont and Gefsco decals, try Clarence Street Cyclery (Sydney). When I was restoring my Clamont about 18 months ago, I asked at the workshop (downstairs in the basement) if they had any decals and they handed me three plastic tubs full of the things to search through. I scored a couple of sets for myself (and one for a mate’s Clamont I was painting at the time) and they even had some of the “Geoff Scott Master Frame Builder” stickers.

AND

Jeremy McCann’s bike - a set on Flickr

champion!

nice one!

Yeah, wonder who is in Sydney with a few hours to spare on Friday morning hey Scott?

what you mean? gonna go to clarence st cyclery? supposed to be picking up later, i’ll buzz you with serial and shit

Yeah I don’t mind going, just looked it up on the map. I’m staying in The Rocks.

Ring me tomorrow evening or send me a message on FB. Tonight I am mainly rocking in the corner / crying.

Roval - 1978.

Front wheel is 18 spokes - 9 laced radially per side. The rear wheel is 24 spokes - 16 laced cross one on the driveside and 8 radial on the non-driveside. Sure it’s a road wheelset but they did make track wheels too. Yes, it’s french.

Roval wheels

Man I love those old Rovals. I’ve got a pair sitting in the shed that I was gonna use for an 80’s weight weenie build that never eventuated. Unfortunately the rims are cracked around a few eyelets. I remember seeing a NOS track pair that went for cheap recently too.

Very cool wheels. I’d get in touch with Earle Young (wheelbuilder) in the US and ask if he has any sets of rims or wheel kits left. He might, and they really will be the last of the mohicans.

^ I’m lost. Those Roval wheels look rad, but what is the relevance to the Gefsco?

[citation needed] Surely people were radial lacing wheels long before 1995?

Nothing to do with the Gefsco, it was just a counter point to Dayne’s radial lacing rules.

^ Ah, very good. Carry on.

'88 Colnago Duall:

I Hate being wrong,
Luck it happens regulary and I’m used to it.
But still think radial is ugly on “most” older track bikes roadies being another exception.

Fell in love with a wheel…

You’re not wrong … I was just pointing out that there are a few exceptions.

I used to lace my track and road front wheels in the mid/late 80’s radially. Why? Coz it looked cool. Now I roll my eye’s at how superficial and vain most kids are and drone over and over again how 3x everything is way stronger and lasts longer. Funny how age gives me the right for hypocrisy and single mindedness. Maybe I should enter the world of politics.

FOA not got enough of that for you? BAM!