Giant TCR

truth bomb.

unless from Saint Cloud…

Good Boy…

I can’t wait for mine to arrive, a switch of tyres and saddle and I’ll be a very happy!

Yeah nice, you right to ride again?

The tires are actually quite all right so seeing that you paid for them you might give them a try.

If they don’t have a tan wall, they are rubbish.

Yes/No.

And Lorday speaks some truth.

Just btw and after having ridden the bike for quite a while now (still in love) the KMC chain is actually quite nice once its worn in and now dead silent. I wouldnt particular buy it due to the long wear in phase but I am glad I didnt changed it straight away. Not really important to mention but I thought I do it anyway. I am still on the OEM tires and they perform great. Once again I wouldnt necessarily buy them but they are an awesome tire to be ridden and dont need to be changed right from the start. Give OEM a chance guys, nothing to lose really.

Rode a new TCR the other day, but it had some DEEEEEEEEEP Irwin wheels on so felt a bit weird. Hella keen for my bike to arrive in the coming weeks!

The stock tyres are ok but not great, I still firmly believe one of the best upgrades to this level of TCR is a better set.

Since the above pic, I’ve put the new Vittoria Graphene Corsa’s on in 28mm and am loving them!

Which one? Love mine, such a great bike.

Very nice, still not sure on the tires once I will replace them. At the moment I am thinking Schwalbe One’s in 25 but them Vittorias do look nice. Especially on your TCR.

Are 28s a tight fit? Contemplating different tyres once the current ones need replacing.

Edit, was supposed to quote Sime, fucked it, but also realise frame clearances might be different etc

Schwalbe ONE vs Conti GPs…25mm…we’ll see what I get.

Boom - 2016 TCR Advanced SL 1

How are you liking the Giant OEM tires, did you replace them yet?

I don’t mind them - worked well in the wet and roll quickly enough. Haven’t bombed any descents or raced on them yet but I guess that’s what the weekend is for…

That’s my impression as well. Was waiting for something bad to happen or anything to have a reason to replace them but nothing so far. Not even a flat. I also think they are not a true 23mm but wider, almost like a 25mm. Cant measure it correctly though.

just joined this esteemed club with a 2013 advanced 0 with ui2.

cheap as chips on the used market (you can find them for around a grand) and mine had done less than 500km since new (one rio tinto charity ride, and about 3 weeks worth of commuting prior to the event)
back to back against my 2006 bianchi 928, it really whoops the llama’s ass. feels lighter, stiffer, and more agile than the 928, but i don’t feel so confident riding no-hands on the TCR. after this sample of one, i don’t think i’d pay a premium for a modern bianchi.

Loved my 2013 TCR SL - felt so grounded but quick.