Goin Tubular

I think the sealant works better when it’s warmer than colder…
Using co2 could be troublesome, it gets too cold to touch the canister. My method would be to add remove core. Add sealant. Hand pump the wheel. Seal it… Then dump the air and use the co2…
Once the hole is fixed co2 is good to go…

i’ve used pitstop to much success when fixing my cx tubs post-flat.

others have bagged it so ymmv.

Right. Coming from a MTB tubless perspective I thought that the sealant would go in before the ride.

You are saying, carry it with you and only use it if required? Syringe, silicon tube, container of sealant, hand pump. All sounds a bit cumbersome.

Riding an old steel frame, with heavy old bits (on the bike) and being a proud self confessed MAMIL. Weight does not concern me, but simplicity does, so as long as there is no disadvantage in loading the Stans into the tubbie at the beginning that’s what I’ll run with.

I do not carry a hand pump any more but have one of those fancy CO2 adaptors that screws on to the valve and is able to be regulated.

I’ll post a pic later of my ride kit… No biggy really just a little bottle of stans and a good core key, the bottle can be used to get it in the wheel.

What’s the red thing ? and the tube for ?
Why no CO2 ?

Red thing is a Stan’s core key. It’s alloy and you can’t break the dam thing. The plastic ones crack pretty easy
No co2 cause the massive temp drop can cause the Stan’s to not set. Plus have you seen My pump its awesome!!

Tube is put over the valve extender while you pump on the Stan’s from the bottle, it saves any potential mess. And the flat bobby pin is to unblock the valve extenders if the Stan’s decides to block that instead of the hole

and not just any zip lock bag! Themed.

Best place to get Mastik in Melbourne anyone? Thanks

Zip lock passion.

Dunno, the bag’s a little bigger than needs to carry so few items. I think Glad Wrap/cling film would be more weight weenie oriented :wink:

^ New Rapha line?

But like every thing campag they last!

SK, this one?
Wiggle Australia | Tufo Elite Jet Tubular Tyre | Road Race Tubular Tyres
Seems expensive for ‘not a great tire’

Or this one: Wiggle Australia | Tufo S33 PRO Tubular Tyre | Road Race Tubular Tyres

Cheap as!

I ended up going with this one. Not light but cheap as .

Wiggle Australia | Continental Giro Tubular Tyre | Road Race Tubular Tyres $20

Any recommendations for tubs to use on the track?

Vittoria Pista CS/Elite/Evo is good… Pick a level depending what you’re using it for/want to pay.

Veloflex service corsa is also a winner, don’t ride em on the road though… Not very thick

SK - do you use tape with the Tufo tubs? On Wiggle it says,

Only use Tufo Tub Tape (Road)

Surely a preguled spare of one of these would be okay?