Goldfields trail

If I’m in Melb I’m keen, could be real hot thou. … .

Yes, the date will be carfefully chosen, might even be march.

thinking the “race” will be on the labour day long weekend in March - 9th - 11th.

That’s awesome. I’ve pencilled it in.

Long enough to plan for, and won’t effect annual leave (I hope).

ALSO, those that don’t want to bivy will have plenty of options to pre-book accomodation and make it a ‘tour’ rather than race!

May have found the final piece of the puzzle!

Just been riding some great dirt logging roads out the back of Hepburn Springs that ct across to Eganstown. Sensational all rideable by CX/Touring bikes roads. If you want any research done or help with finding accommodation up here around Daylesford, drop us a line.

Thanks Keir, I think I am fine. The race needs to go through Daylesford so people can resupply. However, a route from Daylesford to Blackwood needs more investigation.

Here are some photos from the weekends ride. Lots of fun. Mt Alexander was a bit hectic. Keen to do it again!

Was good meet forum member Keir at St Mel in Daylesford

Will try to get on to some work re Blackwood - Daylesford for you in the next couple of weeks Rhino. Great to meet you too Reuben. SSMTB, the cartilage in my knees is shaking at the thought.

Did some mapping last night in Lerderderg, as I might make the race go straight through OBriens, and along the water race trail (past the awesome tunnel) towards Blackwood.

Now, Blackwood to Daylesford, I can run it via the GDT, but it would be HEAPS of walking.

I am in Daylesford next weekend…might try and do some more mapping.

Thanks for the update Rhino. Still very keen to make it to this one…

Its coming along nicely. Sure I can make it tougher by adding every section of singletrack, however I think there is someting nice about actually "moving forward’ in an event like this. Not sure the total distance, but I think 3 days will be good fun, and there will be those that do it under 48 hours.

Will also mark 'Water points, and 'potential BIVY spots" on the GPS file, along with some food options and opening times.

All good, more exploration.

(I do hope I get more than 2 people on the start).

From what I hear you have at least 4 confirmed starters (Slow John, Jesse, Liam and Angry). There will easily be more people interested in the ‘challenge’ :wink:

I’m in.

Either on my CX with the fattest tyres possible, or a MTB that I see in my future

I’m down but my attendance is dependent on which university I get into (moving cities) and if I attend Womadelaide.

I think i should start its own facebook page, for ease of communication!

Join on up;

I’m not on Facebook but consider me a probable starter.

More mapping done.

The waterrace section from OBriens crossing to Blackwood is amazing…it will bring massive smiles (to those that ride it during the day).