Has it peaked?

amazing.

mckenny, you’ve outdone even yourself.

school holidays usually envokes a barrage of trash joining and posting on forums… generally speaking

that happen here?

Sounds like it might be a good time to offload some parts.

Oh, would you look at that. Swap meet tomorrow.

Looks like the bike trend ebbs/flows depending on the northern hemisphere. There is simply less interest in bikes in winter (a google trends search for “bicycle” shows a very similar mid year peak in interest). Most people (except the bike ha

The analysyt in me says that this

Oh the irony…

Looks like the bike trend ebbs/flows depending on seasons in the northern hemisphere. There is simply less interest in bikes in winter (a google trends search for “bicycle” shows a very similar mid year peak in interest)… Most people that i know (except the biking hard core) do not ride their bike in winter, thus they are far less likely to be hitting up google/the web for cycling parts / information.

Until the yearly peak goes below the previous years I dont think its possible to extrapolate any kind of downward trend.

… but, a “10 speed” vs “fixed gear” google trends report shows that gears have regained in popularity in the last 6 months, this does not mean that fixed has become less popular though…

Hope fixed becomes what is was 5 years age or even 3 years ago and shit gets cheaper and the return of the 200 2nd hand trcak frame comes back …at the moment i cant afford to get back on one… may fixed bordem rein on hipster-dom and may they all flog their shit cheap(er). i can wait

What can top tight pants and oversized sunglasses?

trust me, when this happens, you will be gone too.

you think it will hold for that long…or i’ll get my ass a 10spd…

i keep checking back to this thread hoping for more graphs

I’m in love with my mid 90s 9 speed campy kitted racer…
It’s sooo much fun to ride

If you are saying interest in bikes (fixed in this case) is seasonal, then the annual trough being lower than the previous year would indicate a dropoff just as much as the peak being lower would, which is what the google trend graph indicates - supporting my original hypothesis :roll:.

I wonder if the moment it jumped the shark was the 30 Seconds to Mars music video…

It’s a subtle sabotage by the BMXers to reclaim their title as rightful lords of the reverse fakie.

but the skaters will win in the end.

or the good old pedal break :-p

mmm that would be correct … except the peak is actually higher in 2009 than 2008… & until there is further 2010 stats, its impossible to know how deep the trough will actually go (& if it will even dip below 2009’s figures)

it woudl be nice if the fixed gear sensation would die soon so we can all get back to buying good track racing parts for actual track racing without having to re mortgage the house

when i got my first track bike i remember googling the ass off “fixed gear, track bikes” etc. etc. when i was in Perth and all i would get is a couple of dismal pages about Couriers and and actual Track racing, now its a Joke.

Anyway what im trying to say is im selling up and getting my Repco Traveller on the road, just got my hair cut short, im no longer a Vegetarian and im heading down to Ed Hardy for a makeover, everyone should do the same.

fixies blow goats

Like this?

Did you get that off my Facebook?
Stalker :roll: