Headphones

Yeh cheers for that, apart from not being able to afford it, using high end speakers for work is a little overkill anyway! My PX200 keep reminding me that i cant justify a new pair. However the Senn HD212 pros at home with its pleather ear cusions cracking and leaving black shit on my ears are begging to be replaced!..

cheers nick, headphonics here in Perth have the Alessandro MS-1 for $150, and they’re suppose to be equivalent of the SR125…ish

well, pulled the trigger on some MS-1s. Tried the Audio Technia ES7 and SQ5s, in comparison, they sounded very muffled next to the allesandros, the sq5s even worse, sounding like i was listening to music in a toilet.

pics tonight.

So while the missus was getting her hair done, i sat and and blasted my ipod for an hour…lovin em. Cant believe how different they are from closed cans.

For anyone looking for some headphones, at $150, you’ll be hard pressed to find better.

zoltan says to use the search function

looking for headphones for riding with a long cord, prefer a remote on the cord too

all my headphone cables are too short

and for the purposes of connecting this exact thread, i dont want to use my HD25 while riding but the sound quality is great and they have lasted almost 15 years with 4 pad changes

what you want remote to do?

as with HMC in the locked thread, i ride with sennheiser (wrap around neck ones not buds, so i can hear other sounds as well as BM). cord is plenty long that my (H)IPhone is at the bottom of my backpack and there’s plenty of excess cord (inside the backack so it doesn’t snag on anything) so i can do head checks/look around left and right.

remote for volume, play/pause/back/forward like the iphone hands free would be ideal, but not really all that important

HUGE has suggested via PM that the cheap TDK ones from coles have a long cord and are good

Thanks for listening to me Alex.

The TDK ones from Coles are pretty good for the $15 that they cost.

i have some philips ones with a remote, think i got them from dick smith.

cord is fine whether they’re in my pocket or jersey. i like the fact that i can drop the volume down when i’m in traffic.

i’d avoid getting any that block too much ambient noise though.

After going through a couple of expensive pairs (usually just outside of warranty), I’ve been using the cheap TDK ones for a fair while now. Cost me 15 bucks originally and I just make sure that I fuk them within a month or two and go back for a new free set… must be on set number 9 or so by now

^ same same.
I just get them when I go food shopping in the supermarket.
Usually they are white which I hate though.

i went into coles and they didnt have any TDK headphones :frowning:

shoulda gone woolies

went into foodies too, they didnt even sell headphones

Dick Smif is where I keep going. They’ve not even been bothering to check the receipt now. As soon as they see the TDK packaging, they start walking for a new set

are they either of these?

Buy TDK Traditional Earphones | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Buy TDK Bass Boost Earphones | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping

^Not These

I just measured my cord and its 1300mm these say they are 1000mm.

Most of the packs say how long the cords are on the back.

champion

the ones I’ve been getting have a 3 foot (roughly) cord and come with another 3 foot extension

kinda surpised they dont mind giving you a new set all the time

i own a pair of beats by dre solo hd’s… yes they are ridiculously over-priced, but they are pretty dam amazing. i listen to mostly hip-hop and the music sounds completely different through these then my apple headphones