Hillman tourer

Had this for a couple of months, purchased off ebay off the original owner and slowly swapped out a few parts. I’m now pretty happy with where things are at (except grips situation and gear/lever placement which needs to be dialled a little). Planning on doing an overnighter or two, hopefully with my eldest son in tow, ‘dallimor style’. Sorry for average pic. Couple more pics on my insta @ajnewton.

Specs:
58cm-ish Hillman frame (with my fave era decals), unknown tubing but has Campagnolo rear dropouts
Suntour barcon shifters as ‘thumbies’
Suntour Compe V FD
Suntour VX RD
No name levers, older Shimano 600 brakes
Shine(?) hubs laced to Araya rims (27 inch) 32c Zaffiro rubber
Cinelli stem, Abbotsford cycles bars, regular cork bar tape until I work out what I want
Brooks B17 saddle, no name post
Stronglight triple, MKS GR-9 pedals with MKS clips and Brooks single straps
Topeak rear rack which came with the bike, found a couple of old style Roman panniers on Gumtree that I think suit the bike
Came with fenders but I’m yet to fit them

Rides really well, panniers and rack are silent (was concerned after hearing awful set ups daily on my commute), brakes modulate speed slightly, inner ring on the triple should get me up anything.

Sick!!

So cool! Had one of these pass through my hands in black paint colour and it was a bloody excellent frame (sadly too small for the person who I bought it for!)

Hope you enjoy it, looks ace.

27" ftw!

Yeh, looks nice.

Feel free to hit me up if you need to borrow any gear to get going, I’m happy to enable

looks fun.

thanks, think i’ve got the basics for a few trial runs (borrowed) before committing to purchase anything of my own. certainly not small or weenie, but should get the job done!

Look great.

Get that rear wheel back as far as you can before comprising shifting. Nicer for loaded touring.