HMC's track and road bike

Hi everyone. It occurred to me the other day, I’ve only ever posted one bike. Here are some more. Sorry about the pics (I’m not actually).

When I was racing, I rode a really great Scott Addict R15. Was my favourite bike. After I quit racing when I went back to uni I sold it for rent money. I missed having a bike almost immediately, even if it was to just shuffle down the beach to pose with an open gilet. I also got fat. So Mitch hooked me up with this. The most hipster chariot roadie I’ve ever owned. It goes alright. Ultegra is shit, and the wheels are meh. But the frame is nice and I really like the bars Mitch gave me with it. They are traditional Deda somethings. I was sceptical, always having used modern, shallow drops, but they worked out alright!

I bought this track bike off Snail about four years ago. It’s a Brain Hayes bike, built for the Australian track team for (I think) the 1994 Commonwealth games. It was ridden by some mad dog. So i put rizorz on it, did a bit of courier work on it, then rode it about a bit after that during SOTB. Hasn’t been ridden since because of my thesis, but hope to bust it out soon. It also looks sweet with drops. It’s really fucking stiff, even when you are riding it in vans. The cops busted me once for NOBR AKES and I told them I didn’t have any because it was an olympic bike for the velodrome. They didn’t buy it.

Anyway, enjoy.

Bikes are cool huh.

Nothing says #pro more than dirty white bar tape and a slammed 140 stem with PRO written on it.

Are you The Secret Pro?

^this plus those bars scream I’m so legit

That hood reach is longer than most TT bar extensions. Crikey.

What leads you to make such comments about the Ultegra?

Thanks mates. Definitely nothing pro about me (and surely pristine white bar tape that your mechanic replaces every night is pro?)

Rhys, The ultegra is fine. I raced first gen Sram red and really loved its crisp action. I find the distance you have to swing the lever in Ultegra frustrating. That and I have never liked the Shimano integrated brake/shifter.

As for the position, it’s still by and large the position I was running when racing a lot. Still fits fine, but not as comfortable as it used to be. If I were to change it for more regular riding I’d probably bring it back 10mm and chuck on a 130 stem. Fine as it is for the 2 hour rides max i am doing.

At least the person who rants ‘slam that stem’ has a slammed stem eh. It looks so uncomfortable

its not for riding to the shops, true.

legit combo. nice.

For someone who quit bikes you’ve got nice bikes ey jamesy.

Wow… That Euro…Sport

Sick bikes HMC, love that you rock Ultegra- keepin it real son!

But I still have issues:

i rely entirely on sensations.

Only just saw this. Nice bikes.

Tate, this Euro is what you thought your old Europa was.

edit PS- HMC if you ever sell it, plz plz plz me plz

Know the feeling - snappy Force on the TCX and ultegra on the TCR, way faster lever action.