How far does everyone commute to work/uni everyday?

30km each way… Sanctuary Lakes to Melbourne CBD.

north end of brunswick to south end of fitzroy fixed but in a few weeks its literally going to a walk downstairs and im at work

800m each way :smiley:

8km each way from Ivanhoe to Bundoora for uni. Coming home seems much faster though, must be all downhill.

Ascot Vale to city or beyond, so between 5km & 20km each way depending on where I’m working that day. but generaly between 5km and 7km.

30k each way 4x week. And I manage to go faster than if I caught the two buses and two trains that I would have to catch otherwise

20ks return trip 4-5x per week. I train beforehand on the roadie unless racing.

SW

An epic 4km to uni…

do you ride up to altona then around the coast to footscray rd?

something like 6.5km from seddon to both uni and work. previously about 8km from windsor, and 40km from werribee.

mines around 5km…north melbourne to the city

i would like to make it more lol

I’m riding from Mont Albert to Chapel street. Think its about 17km each way.

Hola all.

i think about 50k return form lilydale to box hill, on any day i dont have to bring guitar to tafe… geared ridid mtb heh.
i try to make up for lack of consitent riding by trying to blow away roadies on the freeway trail, but i usually fail.

lurker no more -trading here i come.

i don’t know, maybe 4km from bronte to UTS. Pretty easy going

12ks each way, carlton to prahran on roadie.

anyone do their commute on roadie AND fixed? how does the time taken differ? i mentioned on another forum that i thought the time difference over any normal route would be within 10%, how does that bear out with people’s daily commutes?

Have taken the roadie a few times. I would say, from memory, that the time difference was negligible.

Mine’s now a 30k round trip and the roadie is much faster this time. You can sit on 45+ on the flat and it gets you up hills much quicker. Previously, when I had a 20k round trip into the CBD, the time on both bikes was about the same. The route can make a big difference.

i reckon 10% is bang on for me. commute 50km round trip equally on fixed and roadie. slightly less than 10% when homeward bound as it is more uphill and i tend to smash up the hills when fixed. if i was a better spinner i reckon difference would be smaller.

I ride the trail around Altona Meadows then pop out on Queen St at the skate park. From there I ride Millers to Mason then Footscray Rd into the city. Here is my route. http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Sanctuary-Lakes-to-Melbourne-CBD-McIntosh-Rd

60km round trip commute today. Luckily only once every couple of weeks or so.