How Fast?

Got smoke off the tyres the other day coming down Johnston from Kew so that must have been pretty fast. Might buy a computer and a road bike, 80 kph sounds like fun

that is the kind of roads i’m going to go looking for in August if i get my shit together and get over too europe
going fast down a hill is fun but you gota have some corners to really get the excitement level up.
i will have to get a little helmet cam if i go

[video=vimeo;14930896]http://vimeo.com/14930896[/video]

been done :slight_smile: but only counts if you ride up first.

75kms for me down Kalamunda Hill.

thats a given

i know the rules

RULE 55:
If you are riding down a mountain, you must first have ridden up the mountain. It is forbidden to employ powered transportation simply for the cheap thrill of descending. The only exception to this is if you are doing intervals on Alpe d’Huez or the Plan de Corones and you park your car up top before doing 20 repeats of the climb.

57 km/h :0

Brakeless down Stelvio - thats a pretty good effort. Still wouldn’t want a helmet to ruin that $200 perm now would we?! Fkn hipsters.

Roadie: 89km/h down Upper Sturt Rd, Adelaide Hills.

Fixed: 60km/h down from Eagle on the Hill 47/17 gearing. Cadence: 170 rpm. Not for long though, my heart couldn’t keep up.

This is an awesome idea - I am going to have to get one now for Act 1 of the etape!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/camsports-nano-wireless-video-camera/

Road- 96 coming down from Crafers

MTB- 82 on dirt down Willunga Hill at the 97 nationals (speed taken with a police radar gun)

Sooooooooo badly want to do 100

No, but I saw it done once at the Twin Pines Mall carpark, just outside of Hill Valley.

i heard there was a terrorist attack there, back in the 80s sometime.

Nah it was just an epic parka.

We would actually have to hit 142 kilometres if we wanted to go back in time. 88 doesn’t cut it here in Australia.

81- ish coming down Ferntree gully hill on the roadie.

My mate hit 100ks in the swiss alps and started to speed wobble when he was at the 09 Tour - had to back it off a tad and just about crapped himself.

I’ll be doing the Tour with him this year so my top speed record may go up…

touching your knee lightly on the TT helps reduce speed wobbles. my old c’dale would get them at > 60kmph, on the rougher roads of the yarra valley they are extra exciting.

On my commute to work one morning (in car) I came across some dude on a roadie doing ~85km/h down South Rd on the 3-lane section between the Vic & the bottom of Flaggy Rd. The impressive (or plain stupid) part was that he claimed the whole lane during peak hour and was overtaking cars in an 80k zone!!! Fuckin laugh - made my morning that day.

As for me - no idea

YES - Vindication! I told this to Justin, Steve and Adrian going down Whittlesea and they were amazed (read furrowed their brows as if to say “no way that is correct”).

I was riding fixed down Moss Ave in Bunninyong about 6 months ago, and reached about 65kms before we saw a fucking speed bump on a downhill road in the bush! Fuck bogans and their commodores I thought while desperatley trying slow down before I hit it.

I got a good bit of air and landed front wheel first but held onto it just, and all I remember was the ‘fuck me!’ look on my brother in laws face as he watched me while coasting on his roadie.

not sure if you heard, but i got over a thousand…