How good is sugar?

three of those in 15 minutes and you’re starting to lose your balance.

prolly needed all that energy to help digest the bag of chips he had beforehand.

yeahhhhh you mean the 1L ones that you can’t reseal that say “daily intake should not exceed 200mls” on the side?

I attended a well sub-standard school and a few mates of mine would drink two of those resealable cans a day plus a few Fuics. Not sure if the education level had anything to do with that.

Oh yeah. In some supermarkets in SEA it’s in with the vitamins.

Probably me. I’m running on that stuff at the moment and will be for the next week. But then again it probably wasn’t cause you know who I am and I drove to Uni today, and didn’t catch the bus.

I saw a 1.25 litre bottle of v in a shop on Friday, surely that should be illegal.
Go what it’s worth I refuse to drink any “energy drink” I don’t even drink coffee so sugar is my one vice

Nothing else was happening on the internet!

I was on a 6 hour country bus ride once and saw a kid of 14 or so drink two regular cans at 9am. All he had to do all day was literally sit down. I’m able to do that while sleeping.

Garbage, there is a difference. Glucose can be taken up by every organ in the body, but the Liver is the only organ that takes up fructose, so lots of fructose is very bad for the liver.

The obesity epidemic - Health Report - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Robert Lustig: No, actually it’s not the calories that are different it’s the fact that the only organ in your body that can take up fructose is your liver. Glucose, the standard sugar, can be taken up by every organ in the body, only 20% of glucose load ends up at your liver. So let’s take 120 calories of glucose, that’s two slices of white bread as an example, only 24 of those 120 calories will be metabolised by the liver, the rest of it will be metabolised by your muscles, by your brain, by your kidneys, by your heart etc. directly with no interference. Now let’s take 120 calories of orange juice. Same 120 calories but now 60 of those calories are going to be fructose because fructose is half of sucrose and sucrose is what’s in orange juice. So it’s going to be all the fructose, that’s 60 calories, plus 20% of the glucose, so that’s another 12 out of 60 – so in other words 72 out of the 120 calories will hit the liver, three times the substrate as when it was just glucose alone.

I’m glad we sorted that out.

I ate 14 donuts at work one day it was an awesome time good thread thanks guys xoxo

But no-one has answered how good sugar is yet. Can we get a pie chart perhaps? Preferably cherry

The only time I touch energy drinks is usually around Horsham on the way home driving from Melbourne to Adelaide.

Happy JDL?:

also, I made a cake today with a whole cup of sugar in it, tastes pretty good.

Very

I can’t stand energy drinks, I can tolerate red bull.
A guy at my old job used to bring in a six pack esky of them and just hammer them in about 2-3 hours. Everytime he offered me one I’d end up drinking half and throwing the other half in the bin.

I’m a cordial person myself, Bickfords lime all the way.

Paradox is paradoxical.

I liked it as a kid, but as I get older the smell just makes me feel sick.
But those monster things are just terrible.
The pizza house in Adelaide city used to sell pimp juice (I think it was endorsed by either Nelly of 50 Cent). That stuff was just disgusting.

Oh man. That Pimp Juice smelt like off apple juice. It was gross.