How many inch's are people riding street with?

66 on the mutant commuter, and about 77 on the purple deathtrap (still in the growth stages though)

Comuting on 47/15 which is about 84, but just came off the other day and made a mess of myself on the road.

Might drop it down a bit and take it easy for a while.

Eleven.

Eleventy-billion!

Runnin 70.something. Pretty happy with though might bump it up a notch soon as the saplings grow.

Well Colly rides on around 82 around town and she loves it long time, however Snow White prefers a classic 91.4 to race on and maybe push up to a 94 for a moto-pace.

It’s all about balance really. If we talk about mtb i’m not sure how many inches Mutly runs, however it’s a two-to-one ratio.

Can’t say i recommend 90+ on the road, it has resulted in too many incidents involving cheap beer, taxi’s and an inability to pull a decent skid at the same time. Go figure :lol:

I’ve been riding a 47-18 for a while but my left knee has been a-complaining, so I’m just about to drop back to a 47-20.

47-18 = 68.9 inches

47-20 = 62 inches.

I want to spin again, my knee likes spining
(have been commuting on the geared hardtail MTB this week - tis fast and stuff… but, oh well: this is the wrong forum for that stuff).

44:15 on me roadie which i think works out somewhere around 77ish gear inches

good on the flats and light inclines but not so great in the wind or hills

85 inches is where its at, i dont know how people spin so much!

Street fixed: 74.2
MTB/Child carrier 52.8

Ta v much Sheldon.

After a quick re-calculation:

Road fixed: 71.4 and 80.3
Pug: 71.4

MTB: can’t remember the tooth counts.

I’ve never actually calculated until today.

47:15, which works out to 82.3 gear inches. I didn’t realise it was so high. Lucky I didn’t go for the 49-tooth chainring.

50:15 - 88.60

soon to be 50:18 - 73.80

Just knocked the Hillman down to 46-20 for an even 60 inches of pure spin.

We’ll see how that goes. She sure does feel light and easy to accelerate. If I start getting passed by hybrids and folk wearing fluoro yellow jackets, I may reappraise the situation… :wink:

52x16=87.7

just learn’t how to skid today, it’s great fun

Around 69"
I wouldn’t mind bumping it up a bit though.

After trying both bigger and smaller, I’ve settled on 69", which I reckon is the perfect gear. good take off, fast enough on the flats without spinning wildly, and not too hard on the hills.

50 x 20 - 67.5

do people find it’s easier to skid with less inches?

definitely.

Stem/bar combo also makes a difference. Anything that makes it easier to get your weight over the front of the bike will make it easier to skid.

that would make sense.