How many inch's are people riding street with?

that’s what i thought. it took me a wee while to get the hang of skidding on 80 something inches while a friend who rides in the high 60’s pissed it in after a day or two.

44-16 which gives me about 74"

This is the gear i commute on

getting the knack of skidding, all though if i’m travelling at a faster speed I’m a bit scared to drop the anchor as it doesnt lock up as easily and can tend to kick me foward, haha. Perhaps im not leaning foward enough?
So I’ll be laving the front brake on for my safety and the safety of those around me.

by the way, learning no handed skids is super fun! although learning them the other night im pretty sure i squashed one of my nads on my stem! haha

74 gi’s now, i changed to a 19 at the back, it’s a 3/32 width cog which i didn’t realise until i got home, but it should be ok i hope. anyway it floats up hills now, as you would imagine because it travels over a metre less per crank rotation as compared to the old 52f -16r setup

that’s a big drop in inches

Do you have a job Tim?

39-15, about 70 i think

48-17 700c, about 76"

42 x 16 with 27" wheels. ~ 71 I think

Wow! Really?? :wink: :smiley: hehehe

around 74 now. pretty happy with it.

42-17 27", around 69" i think.

77 in a very hilly area.
i did run an 82 but it hurt.
i think 74 to 70 would be ideal - for me

46/16 = 77 inches on the street
Would like to be a smidgen higher but Brisbane = hills and my knees wouldn’t thank me

71" Spin baby! (or like 82 when I was riding to the track, that was scary…)

Have been on 69,71,63 and now on 68 on the road.

Track 80-96.

Uhh… I think it’s around 52:18, So I think that’s around 77.7". I Just got skids earlier last week, but I’m thinking of taking it down to 46:18 (to around 68.7"). I just want to skid more!

Coming home after the Two Pot Screamer the other night, my speedo registered 57 kph max. If I’m not mistaken that is cadence around 170+ for 42x16 - three pots of draught loosens the legs up nicely :sunglasses:

44:17 or 70.7

I did have a 40 tooth chainring before, but the 44 makes it easier to cruise along at good speed without spinning like a madman

i was riding 52:13 brakeless street and playing polo before i knew what i was doing … funnily enough there wasn’t much pickup so I took my wheelset and ball and went home and started riding 42-19 free wooo … and after that earlier abuse i’m now like some kind of spinning king.