How to stop big brother?

and now i hope they enjoy reading this page! hi guys!

Buy a new bomb!

use the jihad function.

this is a little slow but very effective…

pfft, as a single child this doesn’t bother me at all.

Saw xBBx the other night, yelled “do a jihad!”, and he didnt perform.

for DLing CP?

Hahaha.

I finally got this. Please JAMS, please…

I knew a guy once named Jihad, I could only imagine the difficulty he had getting through customs.

same, he wasn’t too keen it post 9/11.

Tor is good but slow. Alternatively use a VPN provider with local proxies, perhaps something like https://www.witopia.net - Pay for it using methods below.

Stay logged out of Gmail and Facebook when browsing, turn on Adblock, remove personal details from Facebook, or better yet request full deletion, and start again to maintain your friends/contacts, but without all your personal info attached. Pay on the Internet with disposable credit cards that you buy with cash at Kmart. Or use Bitcoin with anonymous cash deposits using something like Bitpiggy. Obfuscate your identity on various networks to make their ad profiling useless. Don’t leave tagged images of yourself around. Facebook? World’s biggest photo pool with concrete name to image connections. Put some neural learning software on that database, and you have the world’s greatest photo ID matching service. Perfect to sell to governments or image analysis companies for border protection.

That got a bit heavy.

Next Bourne film plot?

I still use Firefox because I feel it has more mature and more capable plugins. I use this list, and recommend it to my family:

• Adblock Plus, with the EasyList + EasyPrivacy rules
  • BetterPrivacy
  • Ghostery
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • ShareMeNot

I also have custom settings for Firefox Privacy

• tell websites I don’t want to be tracked
  • remember browsing history
  • remember download history
  • remember search and form data
  • accept cookies from sites
  • don’t accept third party cookies
  • clear history when Firefox closes
  • use nothing for suggestions

Probably the best way to be anonymous in the crowd is to use a bog standard Windows XP system with IE6, with no additional plugins or fonts. You could have it in a virtual machine image so when (not if) it gets infected / broken, you can restore the image. The VM’s network traffic could be forwarded by the hypervisor (VirtualBox, ESX, KVM, Xen, whatever) to a proxy (tor? privoxy?) if you wanted to be even more pedantic.

Why WinXP / IE6? Have a look at the panopticlick: https://panopticlick.eff.org/

On some of my linux systems I was trying polipo and tor, but polipo kept crashing and tor was just too damn slow.

I second the suggestion of not always logging into google / whatever webmail you use. The firefox settings I list above will delete your session cookies whenever you completely close your browser, so you don’t need to worry about signing out each time.

That’s all web stuff – for email, hushmail was in the news last year about its ability to decipher supposedly encrypted email. Off the top of my head I think the best way to use it was to use the java-based in-browser encryption service, rather than the offline one… have a bit of a search around for that, though.

Email encryption is relatively easy; look at gnupg and the myriad plugins available for it that work with webmail, email clients, etc etc. I currently use a 4096 bit RSA key.

For storing stuff on harddisks / removable media, check out TrueCrypt.

For all the tools and all the technologies, the best way to protect your privacy is not to be stupid.

^ thanks for the comprehensive tips.

On a side note, does anyone know how to get rid of those horrible facebook ads on the righthand side? And I wonder if you bother to ‘block these’ whether it does jack shit.

I piss on my keyboard. I hear it’s PH neutral.