how your friends are rad.

when i was living in cape york, FoA user heavymetal was at a tortoise show and knowing how bummed i was to be missing them, called me and held his phone up for the entirety of ‘seneca’ then hung up.

married, moved to perth, 2 rugrats = friendless.

All my good mates (ie from primary school) are all in sydney. Its nice to know when i visit back things just click back and the convo and feelings dont change. They’re constantly hassling me to move back. Mates a rad for it.

I do miss just heading out at midnight for a ride and hotdog at harrys though, maybe some pool at sharkies.

Man when I was back in Sydney at Xmas, some of my mates and better/worse halves jumped in a couple of cars and cruised down to harry’s for a late night feed!!! Good times!! Hadn’t done it for yearssssssssssss

i really like duggan coz he chats to me on gmail chat all day.

Meeting a whole bunch of dudes in Melbourne last year was really cool, I dunno what it is but you guys are all (at least the ones I met) really nice? I remember meeting Rolly and a few others (k o? some other people? I can’t remember it’s a blurry night) at some place near saint cloud (I think?) and y’all were real friendly to a shy guy like me (I think…).

See y’all in June! I’ll probably hang around for a week or so after the Roobaix :3

for me, like the blog says, it’s the small acts of humanity, of empathy, of being rad to each other. like dancing with gene. invitations to ride even though everyone knows i’m sick. comments on the blog. conversation. a blanket when you’re cold.

listen for the victories, they always come quietly

Whilst saving Red Gum forests. I’m a multi-tasking mother fucker.

When you say “chats”, you really mean I say “yep”, “nope”, “probably” in between your essays debating which groupset you should buy?

yep. see your thank you in the post up the top of this thread.

Good to know he wasn’t just hassling me.

What are mates for, eh Trigger?

And me.

hey, read the rules and stop ragging on rolly. Don’t make me delete your posts.

Ragging? I love it. Something interesting to read during the workday. Rolly’s mind stream…

nope, there were others, i like to converse with many wise heads on these things, and you probably got off lightest.

but you trigger, you, were the one that perhaps helped me the most.

and now i’m never doing it again… maybe

One time when I was down to my last 50 bucks in the world I went up to Cape York and FoA user Mckenny got me a job, a place to sleep, and 6 weeks of sweet times. I love this guy.

Edit: actually, this happened twice.

My mate Hayden they I work with is one of Australia’s premier wing suiters and a general loose c#*t, we get up to heaps if mischief. Check out this link of his recent 5D Invite only event.

5D Soul Flyers Camp II Trailer on Vimeo

Damn that looks so fun!

oh man, i was loving that story up until the point i realised you were talking about the band. i thought for realzies that heavymetal was at a pet tortoise expo and was holding his phone for you to hear whatever noises a tortoise makes. then i read he was at a Tortoise show, that’s still pretty sweet, specially cos that song goes for ~10 minutes or something right?

[edit] mckenny got me laid last year. pretty sweet move.

How rad are my friends? Well some of them just gave me a job, which is pretty damn rad, I reckon.

I too have met heaps of good sorts on the forum - dirt riders, gravel grinders, coffee boffins, track nuts. Not only are they rad cos at least one of them is aways up for a ride but also cos they answer my n00b questions, help me build and fix bikes, lend or give me bike parts, swap potatoes and other garden produce. Yup we got a good bunch down this way.

:D:D:D

i too met almost everyone i know in BNE through FOA, and the rest are mostly polo crew. i miss my best mates in melbourne, none of whom are on FOA. then there are the ones overseas, who visit, and just slot back in, and you don’t have to “catch up” on anything because you know they never left your thoughts, i like those times.

this picture, although we’re demonstrating poor form, is so great, and will stay with me for a long time

you know who you are