Hunt 1000

I just realised this is a Sunday start, so I’m not going to be able to camp out the first night. Will still try and ride out on the Sunday for a bit though.

I don’t like the Sunday start, and was even thinking of just heading off Friday afternoon.

I think the purpose for starting Sunday is the 7 days riders. With those whom wanna go over more days to stagger from about the Friday. At least then it gives a Saturday finish and party/dinner/booze in Melbourne on the middle of the weekend.

What’s wrong with starting on Sunday?

Mass starts are the fun of Mass start events.

Otherwise you might as well do it whenever.

Mike, only have 3 days annual leave…so if it was mass start Sat morning, that would mean I’d almost make Thursday for work…maybe.

True, but I reckon your fast enough that no-one would catch you for company?

First ~370km of the route (into Omeo) are up

It looks pretty good. Not a lot of restocking options until Omeo, though

bush tucker m8s

^ roadkill.jpg

I might try convincing Keith to bring the Bob trailer

Keen as, just need a bike, a tent, a sleeping bag, frame bag, saddle bag, appropriate clothing, some more money, something that reflects cycling fitness and a few other things I can’t remember.

Bah, I was a long time ago, not so much now.

Haha might be able to help you out with some of that gear Trigger

Sick thanks man. I reckon I’ll tak you up on that. I can supply beer, coffee, homemade laundry liquid, dog pats, hi fives and takes of cycling related mediocrity in return.

wut?

Yeah man, my mum gave me a killer recipe. It’s super cheap and enviro friendly, good for sensitive skin also.

7 day ride plan is up. And I mean up up up

I mapped out the whole thing the other day

The climb out of Hawkhurst up Billy Goat Track (names like that are never a good sign) is killer: 1200m over 13.5km

Good lord.