I CRASH FIXIE - FREE!

Hello fixie riders ,

EDIT

i had no intention of starting a debate about copyright i just wanted to share a cool logo now you can share the love , just dont give it std’s or let metro trend killers get a hold of it

download here

http://designbennettrust.net/_/icrashfixie.html

free to use free to ruin free to burn free to print free to eat

ps

triangles suck

They would be great as decals! :smiley:

+1 definitely see the Melb version as a t-shirt here!

when you say you “came across the logo” what does that mean exactly?

Well the logo is in the style of the famous I LOVE NYC logo ,
I was looking on lockedcog.com one day and came across this logo

I relay liked the idea of the logo and just rehashed the layout for various citys around aus,
I would like to try and track down the creator of the original logo and ask for permission to produce the rehashed logo

I just thought i could chuck the logo up here and see what people thought , i have had some positive feedback ,

enjoy

I will take 6 for Gold coast. 3 medium 2 large 1 small. Will pay upfront PM me.

Its funny that you put a copyright sentence on it.

Before you go making money on it (redbubble), you really should wait until you get the permission from the original creator. Being a designer isnt about biting other peoples work to make it your own.

Make your own logo.

Also, moved to a more approp board.

would wear/stick on something

Best T-shirt ever

hahaha that copyright paragraph you have there is jokes

theyr dope i would be down with buying one

i am guessing that the copyright notice is part of his standard graphic template, but it is funny all the same…

my understanding of copyright is a 10% difference when it comes to visual aspects (well, guitars anyway). given that the dude on the car is different and LA doesnt appear on the designs. you should be safe.

stickers would be good.

How the hell do they measure that 10% anyway.

It looks like 9.75% to me.

really? thats cool to know

i would defs by a melb t shirt

Yea just to clarify copyright is 10% , its a different typeface and different layout its a simular concept , but how long is a bit of string? :stuck_out_tongue:

Im not making a profit on this artwork the costs will cover the printing and the production of the stickers , the copyright thing is just my template and just to cover against conglomerate stooges stealing underground fixie art :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for your feedback , ill chuck all the varients up on redbubble 2nite

Please note: I have never wanted to make a profit on this artwork i just wanted to spread the enjoy and i knew that all the people on fixed.org would appreacaite it :smiley:

cheers

10% is a mythical figure.

“The act of copying or adapting someone else’s work is a breach of copyright. Also any adaptation will be legally regarded as a derived work; so if you simply adapt the work of others, it will still be their work, and they have every right to object, (and are also entitled to any money you make from their work).
The only safe option is to create something that is not copied or adapted from the work of others.
There is nothing to stop you being inspired by the work of others, but when it comes to your own work, start with a blank sheet and do not try to copy what others have done.”

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/copyright_myths - it’s british, but basically the same thru-out the western world

I’d buy a Brisbane one and risk it