Ianhuman

this is what i’m getting at, pretty sure no car was involved…

at least this is the impression i got on the night. thought the touching of wheels was between ryan and the french chap, whose name i forget
(sorry)

so he clipped a parked car yeah?

ahhhhhh i get it now

Does Coburg Velo have a BBQ? It’d be good to find somewhere with a BBQ and have a day of events, food and money raising to help out Ryan. Do gold coin buy-ins for events, winner get’s bragging rights, Ryan get’s some dolla dolla bills yall. Enough events and donations and it’ll be a good way to help him out.

Sounds good pip. I just dropped off some stuff ( couple of bike and art mags, and some nsp gear) to him, mainly courtesy of nickj/ never stop pedalling. Ryan seemed pretty good, in a fair bit of pain obviously but in good spirits. He said he may be home tonight or more likely tomorrow. Think the biggest thing now is his recovery and trying to get back to work.

There should be a TAC contact at the Alfred. Failing that, health insurance may be relevant or if he is a member of BV or Cycling Australia they may help out.

Never met him but a fan of the blog - hope he heals quickly.

Someone may be able to bring a BBQ to wherever the event is - I am happy to help out if I can.

I’m not too far away - happy to transport my barbecue if required.

i dont hink coburg velo has a bbq but i live right around the corner and hve a smal portable bbq i will supply for the day

Ok, tentative update:
At this point it looks like we might be doing some Roller Racing, which as most of you know, is Ryans favorite. Will deliver details as they get organised!

Probably a no go with TAC because no cars were involved AFAIK but if he has a CA license and was on a ‘training’ ride I believe there is scope for an insurance claim.
I’ve just finally been paid what I was owed from the TAC two years down the track from a m/c accident on a registered motorbike at a practice day so I believe and as was stated earlier, that at least one vehicle has to be registered to be covered by TAC.

bit late in, but wanted to wish Ryan a full and speedy recovery too

yep never met the guy, have no idea what he looks like, but I’d be a shit for not wishing him a speedy recovery regardless. God speed ryan.

take it easy king of blogs

fuck yeah!

sounds good.

i just thought of something we could’ve called it if it were a sprint race type event. “fuck sprunts”…y’know coz he’s from New Zulland…

ftfy.

I submit the event name “₪₪₪₪s fucked”.
I also submit my get well soon message for this great man.

top notch idea!^^

Well there’s a candidate for a spoke card…!