Ianhuman

now we’re getting somewhere!! one thing though, coburg velo.

It’s all west to me, Got an address or street name so I can google that shiz?

Edit: richards reserve off Charles st? I just had a squiz on the googles, not too hard to get to.

Okay, obviously details are sketchy, but here’s the go:

I don’t know what Ryan’s healthcare or finances are like, but I do know he’s a graphic designer, which probably doesn’t pay that well, plus he’s got a kid and I hear those things cost heaps to maintain. Regardless, He’s a good mate to a lot of us and I’m thinking we should get together and raise a bit of coin for the guy and make his recovery just a little bit easier.

I don’t know when, where or what at this stage, but I’m working on that!

So obviously if anyone want’s to lend a hand PM me (I’ve already got a short list of people in mind who I’ll soon be head-hunting for various rolls)

For those that want to help from home (or interstate) – I need two things for now:

A: a kick-arse flyer to replace the current one, one even orientated the right way would be good, although, back-of-a-beer-coaster-chic is encouraged - EDIT: actually, it’s now a rule, all Flyer entries must be HAND DRAWN.

B: A better name than Ryan-Aid.

Best Name and Best Flyer will win a prize, and yeah – I don’t know what’ll be yet.

Cheers all.

(Best Event Name will be chosen by the end of Tuesday, Best Flyer will be chosen by The end of the week)

human-aid?

Not my scene but if it helps ease his pain a little …

Yeah I vote for ‘human-aid’.
Also, I think Tom’s just nominated your location.
Maybe we do some sprints or something.

How bout “Fix Up Look Sharp Ryan”?

awesome

chaz anything you need i work nights so have day time stuff free to egt stuff done, pm me, email me call me

that sucks ryan, best wish’s buddy

dude has a bed, finally

he’s now in ward 2 west so feel free to visit

I say you call it ‘RAID’. What about getting donations of shit ppl would actually buy and having a silent auction on the day or setting up a special eBay for him? Also I got some time off work so lemme know what I can do.

Does this mean its a road accident and TAC will be involved? (which is a good thing, especially in regards to wages and treatment)

can we plz just call it “fucked c*nts”?

This^^
Always fucked to hear about this sort of thing. Hope the recovery process goes well.

ftfy

i was going to mention this.

it should be classed as a traffic accident and TAC (to my knowledge) will cover medical costs and lost pay. there are forms galore to fill out but its not like he doesnt have time. i now live with somewhat of an expert in this so might be able to help.

damage to vehicles are at the expense of the ‘other driver’… :wink:

I haven’t met him before, but best for your recovery.

even if a car’s not involved? i was under the impression there wasn’t…

chaz?

I only mentioned it because we’ve just gone through the same thing with my Dad’s motorcycle accident.

TAC were really good to deal with at the Alfred, so there shouldn’t be any issues there.

A bit slow off the mark - sorry to hear :frowning:

Sustainable transport - TravelSmart fact sheet - Cycling accident and insurance implications

“When travelling on the road, cyclists may be covered by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). The TAC covers all cyclists who are injured in a ‘transport accident’. A transport accident is defined as an accident directly caused by the driving of a motor vehicle or a collision between a bicycle and an open door of a motor vehicle. It doesn’t matter whether the motor vehicle is being driven at the time and therefore also includes a parked motor vehicle. TAC claims can only be made if the accident involves a motor vehicle. For any queries or further information, contact the TAC on 1300 654 329.”