Ice Hockey fans?

i forgot about this, wish i’d been there.

Well, riots in Vancouver tonight. Boston win the Stanley Cup.

Geez… Vancouver really let that one go!

Vancouver fans are disgraceful, I’d even say they’re worse human beings than Liverpool fans.

sheesh

let them riot.
it’s canada…the what’s the worst that could happen?

madly disappointed that a canadian team did not win!

I saw a couple of games in Vancouver about a dozen years ago, when they were struggling and the seats were half empty. Not much passion back then.

But they had a radio-controlled airship that looked like a killer whale. And they flew it over the crowd in breaks and, no shit, dropped prizes attached to parachutes out of it! That was awesome!

Shame they didn’t win but whatevs. Red Wings rool!!

fucking nostradamus!

when i was in la last year i went to a ducks game and they had a blimp shaped like a sheep

when i was in LA last year i went to a ducks game and they had an air ship shaped like a sheep.

supporting hockey is for fans, rioting over hockey is for chumps…

classic canucks form to steal a loss from the grips of victory (leading the series only to forget how to play hockey for the last couple of games).

one of the benefits of FB/social media and the general disgust at the riots is that there a fair few people who will be getting calls from the police today about what they were up to after the match.

real rioters know to protect their identities not take photos for their FB page…

Well the NHL season is warming up with the pre season games. These games are often full of fights, and generally the young guys playing their guts out in order to make a good impression on the team selectors. If you have some time over the weekend, hit up a game around midday on Saturday and Sunday. Free viewing below:

Live Channels - Sports - English

GO LEAFS GO!

wtf dude? haven’t you ever read the hockey sweater? GO HABS!

Haha, no! I have never heard of it until then.

“he angrily breaks his hockey stick on the ice before being sent to church, where he prays for God to send moths to eat the Maple Leafs sweater”

So good. I need this book!

i think it’s on the canadian $5 note.

the pictures are rad. so quebec!

//youtu.be/IJlilwLlBhg

That was brilliant!

oh man, you got me all nostalgic now. one of the first words in french - quebecois? - i learnt living in montreal was when i’d play hockey up in parc jeanne-mance. the french kids would keep saying, “put! put!” eventually i asked someone what it meant. my friend took me aside and said, "they always do it when they make a mistake. they are saying, “slut! slut!”

Haha, I am planning my first trip over to the states and Canada for next year as I have a whole lot of friends in Vancouver who stayed with me for a few weeks late last year. They told me to come over and visit them and they will get me in to their pond hockey league. So I have started skating a few weeks ago and am loving it. Early next year there is a hockey development camp in Canberra that I will be attending with the plan to start playing in the D league here. Fingers crossed when I get over to Canada I can surprise them a bit.

when i first went over there i swore i’d play in the park every night through winter, and then when i returned home i’d be really good and play for australia.

the first part was true. i played every night.

shinney hockey totally rules.