Ice Hockey fans?

take off!

The game has started, interesting insight into the last time these two teams have met up. So the history pattern would favour the leafs winning todays game :slight_smile:

DATE VIS/HOME FINAL
APR 9, 2011 MTL @ TOR MTL, 4 - 1
FEB 24, 2011 TOR @ MTL TOR, 5 - 4
FEB 12, 2011 TOR @ MTL MTL, 3 - 0
DEC 11, 2010 MTL @ TOR TOR, 3 - 1
NOV 20, 2010 TOR @ MTL MTL, 2 - 0
OCT 7, 2010 MTL @ TOR TOR, 3 - 2

You can follow here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2011020002

End of First; 0-0

fucking 32 shots on goal and not one gets through.
stupid habs.

Leafs win 2-0. BOOM!

next time you’re in melbourne, the molsons are on me.

Nice :slight_smile: Hopefully the rest of the season doesn’t suck for the habs either… actually, who am I kidding. It will.

Unlike here, it’s a long season and anything can happen.

Hey, I’m a maple leafs fan… we don’t win often so I am basking in this one.

go penguins,
also does anyone know where to get molsons in aus?

Katie Baker’s Coldhearted: On Week 1 of the NHL season including Brad Richards, Tomas Vokoun, and the Boston Bruins - Grantland

This is a decent little piece and there’ll be more (one a week it seems)
The author also does some critical analysis of the new york times weddings section which is awesome.

mooseheads?

Thanks for this. How good was that hit that is linked on that page. It seems the norm now… you put a big hit on and all of a sudden you have someone coming after you, even if the hit was legal. I don’t like it.

Only go to read it on the train/phone…will check the links out at lunch.

That whole Grantland site has some good hockey (and other) articles. There’s a really good one that lists the timeline of Crosby and his concussion issues…pretty scary shit really.

Got him mid chest. But you don’t cross the blue line and skate into the centre where 2 big defenders are waiting for you! Left & down the boards would have been preferable there, I reckon.

Better make that 2. Leafs got up on the habs again the other day, this time in overtime.

The leafs are playing at the moment. This fight just happened… holy crap.

Mike Brown vs Kris Newbury, Oct 27, 2011 - Leafs vs Blueshirts - hockeyfights.com

saw that, and was glad i was smart enough not to bet this time.

Good news for you is, the habs just won against Boston. Good effort there!

Brendan, we are on again today at 11.00am. The leafs haven’t won in the last 6 games they have played so you are looking good.

The Canadiens won in a shootout yesterday… although you can hardly call this a shootout, check this vid. Hilarious.
Setto Down Now Video - NHL VideoCenter

they always step up against the habs, but i’ll bite. double or nothing?

Yeah, lets do this.

The leafs also just fired their coach Ron Wilson. So things aren’t too positive at the moment for the leafs.