im sick of eating the same food at the same places..

I eat at Noodle Kingdom in preston all the time, awesome. Also China Dumpling House on Swanston street (I think that’s what it’s called) is really good.
I love Pho Chu Teh (Now called ‘I love Pho’) and I reckon it’s the best Pho in Vic street. The line is often big, but they turn tables over quickly, I also like to eat there early, about 6.30pm. I have too many hit and miss experiences with the rest of Vic street though and rarely eat anything other than pho. Pacific seafood house on Vic street is good, but the one on Toorak rd is better.
Huxtable on Smith street is awesome for something a bit fancier but not Cutler & Co expensive.
Supermaxi in Nth Fitz is great. I particular;y like the fact that you can juts get a Chianti and some pizza, or go all out and have a fancy meal there.
Eating pizza’s from Pizza Meine Liebe at Joes Shoe Store is also one of my preferred things to do, especially on a Friday night.
Wabi Sabi on Smith Street does a good job at Japanese for the price, as does Otsumami in High Street Northcote. I also love Izakaya den in the city.

if the women over there are getting upset about a place like that, they prob wouldnt survive in perth.

place looks hell nice. was imagining

This is a great story, and I want to take my girlfriend there just to see if its a common reaction.

yeah, the joint is usually teetering on chaos.
I’m suprised it works so well sometimes. once I did get the wrong order but realized before i left.

well i owe her a shiny dollar then

i thought they used to own thaila thai, not both.

oooh, a loophole!!

so the big question, is warwick thai any good? coz it’s really close to my house!!

All endorsed.

I ended up at Huxtable purely by chance and had a fantastic night.

Really can’t go past the Moroccan Soup Bar when in Fitzroy Norf.

Only had the pleasure of Joe’s once - Victorian microbrews, pizza, My Disco…highly rated.

Also if you’re feeling fancy the Estelle is pretty shit hot, their chef is pretty talented, and if you can handle the odd space and terrible fit-out, Merricote has really good food and an excellent short wine list.

Mostly agree with Trigger. I do love a bit of Beer, Pizza and Fencing at Joes. Supermaxi is great, especially the staff. - Don’t forget LongPlay (just over the road) does food too (althow it’s mainly just stuff to eat while you drink more booze)
That said, my favorite is still Cumulus - which isn’t as expensive and classy as everyone seems to think.
And if you can’t get in there, then go over the road to Kenzan, where I enjoy eating lots of sushi, washed down with those massive supporo bullet cans. Actually fuck it, I’m going there tonight.

Consistant is the word for here,
I even break the no Cappuccino after 11:30am rule for these guys, good for a quick late night drive by coffee hit. better than the shit take away one i got at 3 bags full on sat morning,not the best lately; twice bitten never again.

can i just say that there is a office building just up the road that has the clearest piece of glass window ive ever seen “gets me everytime” like its not even there.

If you want to venture south of the river away from the hipster highway the Korean BBQ in the main street in Carnegie is excellent and exceptional value. It is located on the right past the pub on Dandenong Rd in the group of shops before you hit the railway line.

Guaranteed to give you ring sting though.

Pearl in Richmond remains consistently good for somewhere fancy as is Da Noi in Toorak Rd South Yarra - Sardinian home cooking where they bring you stuff and you choose whether you want it or not.

Ablers near Lygon St is also great.

As mentioned before. Huxtable.
It’s one of my girlfriends and mines fave.
So good.

And Mamasitas.

For good Sicilian go to Bar Idda in East Brunswick.

EDIT: Rolly, it cops a heap of shit for bad bad service. I have never been so cant comment from personal experience. (Warwick Thai)

Also - Pork Buns at the Bar at Cutler & Co, washed down with Carlton Draught. SO GOOD.

^Mammasita is way too crowded and expensive for my liking, the food is great, but it’s too much hassle for Mexican food.
Kiwi is a smart guy and has good taste, just check his bike collection. Da Noi is fantastic and reasonably priced for the quality of food and service and I think it’s pretty romantic, good for a date. I haven’t eating at Pearl since Geoff Lindsay left, but it was shit hot when I was last there.
Cumulus is fantastic and not too dear, although last time I was there they had a tin of Ortiz anchovies and rye bread on the menu. Fuck that, I can buy bread and open a tin of anchovies myself, don’t need to pay a chef for that. That said I like oysters at restaurants and that’s a ridiculously expensive way to eat oysters.
City Wine Shop is a pearler as well, and I like that you can just get a main and split a good bottle of red and walk out of their without spending too much.

joes shit store is northcote central, and there are plenty of excellent reasons to stay away from there, but mostly i fucking hate it because the music is too loud for conversation. i’d rather go over to the peacock and be able to talk to whoever i’m there with - and be able to watch the footy at the same time! seriously though, joes is a fucking hole.

blakey and i tend to eat at the same places, but i don’t think he’s discovered everest indian in fairfield yet. when an indian restaurant has pictures of the indian cricket team eating in their restaurant on the walls, you know you’re in for some decent food. easily my favourite indian restaurant, ever since i nearly got in a fist fight with the staff at kake di hatti.

i also hung out at the croxton park hotel the other day, and didn’t get stabbed at all! was going to stick around for over 28s night, but had to go home to feed the cat.

I have a connect there. Otherwise i would never bother.
They are meant to be opening a sister store in the city soon.

can’t believe no one has mentioned Trippy Taco! ( maybe they have)

Thanks Brendan i’m going to give this a crack, see if it stacks up against Indian Harvest in malvern.

i think Le Taj in West Melbourne can claim the indian team as some of their guests also.

it’s right across the road from my work, yet i always forget it’s there. good lunch specials too. maybe tomorrow…

Someone gave it a bad rap a while back so I’ve never been, even though I was eyeing off the menu in the window last night. I’ll have to remedy that now.