Indoor Trainers

I just signed up for a 12 hour trainer challenge with two mates. Hopefully getting 3 Kickrs, zwift etc. the only reason it’ll be bearable is because it’s inside an ANU college so will have lots of people to talk to. I do think I’ll struggle to finish comfort wise. I have a fluid trainer you can borrow for a while if you want to check it out. Anyone looked at the Bkools?

There is a lemond on gumtree at the moment, $450 in Port Melbourne

There is also a Lemono in Canberra :wink:

Have had a Kinetic Road Machine for 7-8 years now. Hasn’t missed a beat. Prob still the best of the fluid trainers but not cheap.

^^ I always hear good things about them.

Recommendations for a decent beginner trainer? My wife wants to have one so she can still spin on her road bike whilst pregnant. She’s not feeling comfortable riding in traffic right now. Doesn’t have to be amazing, just something she can sit up on a spin for 30 or so minutes a night.

A jet black or something like that would probably do the trick. If noise/road feel and all those other things aren’t really an issue then I’d just get a cheap unit like that. I’ve never used one but for this purpose I’m sure they’d be fine.

Okay cool. Noise and road feel aren’t an issue, it’s just so she can keep spinning her legs. There’s a couple of Tranz X ones on Torpedo 7 that I might look at. They’re having a sale, and I have a voucher.

Yeah I’d just get the cheapest one assuming there isn’t anything local you can borrow.

Four years later…

cycling is cancelled im afraid, fmd.

2 Likes

hey jumzy, wanna come round for some e-everesting? eeveresting!

A mate of mine Everested on zwift.
12hrs in the shower with two fans

why dont u go Everest in Hilux into a lake sans snork?

1 Like